Hollow Hold --> L-sit Tuck

Started by Quick Start Test Smith, June 13, 2011 · 3 Replies · 4,457 Views

Quick Start Test Smith

I have a question about when to progress to an l-sit tuck from the hollow hold. First of all, the order of my progression is backwards! I find the hollow hold pretty difficult, but the l-sit beg. tuck is easy for me. I can even hold a low l-sit (not with hips pushed forward) for about 5-15 seconds. Not so for the hollow hold, I can only hold it with full tension for about 10-20 seconds (while wearing shoes).

I'm not sure exactly what to make of this. The main thing that may be making the hollow hold harder than expected is that my legs are long. Seriously, my legs are a bit more than half my body and pretty thick and heavy (not because they're really heavily muscled or anything, they just seem to be naturally inclined to being thick). My shoes don't weigh much, and I don't think they would be causing a problem.

So do you think I should keep working on the hollow hold and do a little l-sit tuck as well, or switch almost entirely to the l-sit tuck? I really feel that my core strength has been lacking.

Thanks!

Alexander Moreen

Just do both, they are very different in what muscles are doing the majority of the work.

Quick Start Test Smith

Thanks, Lavastine!

Joshua Naterman

Don't feel bad, myself and many others have had the same experience lol!