Hi,
I suppose I should write a small intro, since it's my first post here (hey, it's even my first day here). I'm a 20 year old student, and I've been lifting weights for a while to complement my martial art training. Around two months ago I stopped lifting, mostly because of a wrist injury, and switched completely to bodyweight, and I must say I'm glad I did it. Not only is my wrist healed, but it's even stronger than before.
The thing is, I found this website after being mentioned in a book I have, and I'm really impressed. I "researched" a bit (that is, I read the forums all day), and I more or less understand how I should organize a program. I found answers to most of my questions, but I still have some doubts...
First of all, I can hold most of the six basic positions for around 30s, except the back lever tuck and the PB bent leg straddle, and I didn't try the bent leg middle split hold.
For now I guess the best is to take it very lightly for a few weeks, and focus on the basics. I can't hold a german hang for more than 30s, so I should improve that before the back lever tucks, right?
Second, and most important of all I believe... Right now, I'm following a M - W - F routine, it looks like this
Mon: Push ups - Core
Wed: Pull ups - Squats
Fri: Headstands - Bridges
And I don't really know how I could include the six holds onto this program, and whether I should add more pushing/pulling exercises. Is it okay to train more than one hold the same day? For example...
M - L-sit, L-straddle
W - German hang, Back lever
Th - Manna
F - Planche, Front lever
Of course, I'm taking about the easiest steps.
Can I do something like this, or not? And should I add other exercises?
I'm sorry if I'm asking for too much, I don't have the book (yet), and maybe it answers these questions, but I would like to start as soon as possible. Like I said, I actually found answers to most of my questions, such as warming up, intensity (I would be following the steady state program, if i got that right), wrist strengthening, progressions, etc, but little to none regarding periodization. I would really appreciate any help.