I UNDERSTAND IF YOU CAN'T REALLY DO SOME OF THE STUFF, TO SCALE IT TO THE best of your ability. The problem i am running into is that I don't have rings. There are other exercises that i can't do even scaled...do i just skip them. And with the ring WOD's (please don't suggest i get rings to solve my problem becasue, although obvious, it can not be done right not) how would i scale those, or would i just skip them?
Work Out of the Day's
Started by Ian Legrow, June 7, 2011 · 5 Replies · 2,397 Views
Most of the ring elements found in the WODs can also be done on a bar. For the dips you can use two chairs.
The ring strength WODs will be difficult, but you can work muscle ups on a bar.
Name which subs you can't do.
While they won't work for MU, you can make super cheap ring wannabees. Get some rope and cut some pvc about the size of your palm. You could put more effort and actually make some homemade rings in the oven though.
IT HARD TO NAEM THE ones i can't do. I can't think of them right now. but i have been only doing this a month and a half. I am very beginner. I am very into it tho and tho i get very frustrated sometimes i am willing to continue to persue it. i really would like some rings and its frutrating that i cant get any right now, but christmas is in 6 months...hahahha!
really, listen to blairbob, hang two webbings, ropes, cables, I mean whatever you find, from a pullup bar with any kind of pipe as handles. It won't be much but it would be enough to get started with basics like support, pushups, dips, inverted hang and the like.
Of course, if you are a real beginner, doing everything you can on stable surfaces the first few months might be smart anyway, to give your body time to adapt.
In the mean time if you can gather the things needed to make your own as BlairBob suggested that would be a great next step.