The Killroy70 Template and Hypertrophy

Started by Rower, May 31, 2011 · 3 Replies · 4,721 Views

Rower

Hello everyone,

this is my first post (introductory Post is about to come) and I feel great to finally be a member of this great community! :mrgreen:

I have been following the WODs for quite some time now and had good results in regards of building strength.

However, I feel like stepping back from the WODs for a couple of months to pick up a more hypertrophy oriented routine, since I want to gain some muscle.

I realize that a lot of people in this Forum are doing GVT to get bigger, but i fear to get weaker doing GVT. So I thought about doing the Killroy70 Program in a 5x5 rep range.

Killroy70 himself described some muscle gains in his original post, which made me interested in the template.

Maybe some of you, who were/are on the Kilroy70 Program can elaborate on musce gains while on the Program.

Regards,

Rower

Rower

No one?

Ryan Verma

I came from a power lifting background about 8 months ago, where I focused mainly on squats and deadlifts in conjunction with a few olympic lifts for my training. Consequently, my lower body was much stronger and more developed than my upper body. My upper body was strong enough for overhead squats, snatches presses etc, but since I was training for rugby, I focused more on lower body.

To answer your question, my fiance says she see a very noticeable increase in muscle mass, especially in my shoulders and lats. My upper body is stronger than ever at the moment. I used the killroy program for my first 4 months in order to build the strength to properly scale the WODs, and I've been using the WODs since then.

I encourage you to switch between different workout styles and techniques. Not only will this broaden your knowledge of the human body, but you will definitely be able to bust plateaus if you keep your body guessing. As long as you're adding muscle and not fat in your bulk up, you won't notice any decrease in performance for your bodyweight exercises.

Rower

Thank for your reply!

My main motivation for opening that thread was to find out, if the Killroy70 Program would be better for hypertrophie than the WODs.

I guess I am just going to try and see if it works.