Hello everyone at gymnastic bodies,
My name is Enoch Lee and I am currently 21 years old, 5" 11', 165 lbs soldier in the Canadian Military. I've read Coach Sommer's guide on front lever and planche a while back and recently I discovered this website through the youtube and I have been reading all of the progression guides in every section of the forum. I was just wondering if I can get everyone input on how I can go about designing a routine workout that I can follow for the next 6-12 months.
I plan to do the Mon/Tues/Thurs/Fri training cycle and there are a number of gymnatic movements I would like to work on but I just cannot figure out how to work what moves on what days and etc. As a soldier who aspires to join the JTF2 within a couple of years, I value functional strength and dynamic power. I believe the gymnastics can offer me great benefits to achieving the physical condition that I need to be in for the special forces.
Coach Sommer's words have encourage me to believe that it's never too late to take up gymnastics. As a long term goal, I would like to be able to do an iron cross and the planche pushups. I own my own pair of rings and just to give you guys an idea of my current fitness level, I am able to do one muscle-up on the rings, 5 handstand pushups on the wall, 6 bulgarian dips on the rings, about 40-50 pushups, however I lack core strength and thus cannot do anything like L-sits and such. Basically, a complete newbie in this area.
When I had finished compiling all of the progression guides on different movements on the forum, I was left with a quite a long list. I see the value in training all of them, however with the time constraint and the physical constraint, I cannot distinguish how I can attack this massive list (360 pulls, back limber, cirque climbing, bowers, hanging leg lift, front lever, planche, side lever pulls, GHR, body levers, l-sit walks, swinging dips, the list goes on). I am looking to plan out my workouts based on gymnastics for the next 6-12 months. Any input is very much appreciated.
Thank you.
Yours Truly,
Officer Cadet Enoch Lee