This is a great resource. Thank you Coach Sommer and all the moderators.
Goal: Personal best physical fitness through gymnastics. I want to be a guinea pig to see what hard work and patience can do using Coach Sommer's method. I want to be able to go to Venice Beach and show off on the bars
.
After reading Coach Sommer's article "Building an Olympic Body through Bodyweight Conditioning" (http://forum.dragondoor.com/cgi-bin/articles.pl?rm=mode3&articleid=229) I want to work through the planche/lever progressions to see how far I can go.
My initial attempt was OK: frog stand, 1st set 8 seconds + several sets for 60s & tuck front lever, 1st set 26 seconds + 3 sets for 60s. Should I superset these or do one after the other? At least four days a week or more if possible (or less)?
What about L-sit progessions or other recommended progession(s)? If yes, the same day or another? Is there an antagonist hold for L-sits?
Static holds are in addition to GPP, but are there BWEs unnecessary when doing static holds? Should I continue to do pushups, chins, leg raises, dips, HSPUs, etc.? I want to eliminate any counterproductive GPPs. Perform GPP & static holds on the same day?
I've found many specific answers on this and other sites but I'm trying to weave them together in a tapestry of practice. I know everyone is different and trial and error will be most instructive.
I am looking forward to Coach Sommer's book which will undoubtedly answer all these questions.