This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

May 2011 Seminar

Started by Joshua Naterman, May 22, 2011 · 30 Replies · 322 Views

Joshua Naterman

I'm arriving around noon on Thursday the 26th. Anyone else going to be around? I think it would be tons of fun to train together a little bit as a group just for fun and hang out before the Seminar kicks off if people are going to be around. Any takers?

I will be staying at the Thunderbird this time around as it was the cheapest when I booked all my travel.

Scott Malin

If there is sufficient interest, I can play host or arrange something around town on Friday. There's lots to do in the Valley. :)

Simon Grégoire

I''l arrive only friday at noon, but depending on what you guys do and when I might join. I stay at the hampton inn.

Joshua Naterman

That would probably be a great idea!

Scott Malin

I'd guess Friday afternoon or evening is likely best. The question is....do we want to hang out or work out?

Pedro Otero

I should be there friday as well, not sure what time yet but up for whatever :)

Mats Trane

Hi

Me and My son Michael (he trains with Coaches guys for à couple of days) arrived yesterday and we are staying at the Hamton in. Place is realy nice get alot for your money.

Joshua Naterman

Yes you do, I wish I could have booked my hotel sooner... I love that place!!!

Simon Grégoire

Since we'll be working out the whole week-end, personnaly I'd rather hang out. You suggested the phoenix zoo in another thread, but if there's something you think would be better then I'm open.

Scott Malin

Zoo's an option ($18), but it's only open until 5pm and the projected temperature is 96 Fahrenheit :( Couple other ideas:

-GoKart Racing (~$22), however I'd have to call to see if international drivers licenses are a problem.

-Indoor Rock Climbing (~$21)

-Papago Park (free)

-Couple unique museums (Heard, Musical Instrument, Air Force, Art)

-Pool/Aquatic Center

What are your guys' preferences; and does afternoon or evening work better?

Simon Grégoire

I don't mind about the temperature, so I'd go with either the zoo or the aquatic park. If you think it's worth it since it closes at 5... I don't really like museum.

I don't mind going in the evening as long as we don't come back to the hotel too late. We'll need a good night of sleep for the seminar! Especially with the long fligh in the morning...

Coach Sommer

... Or we could visit together over a beer at the Tilted Kilt (next to the host hotel) when I finish practice at 8:30pm.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Joshua Naterman

Beer for me. Especially if they have Smithwicks and/or Guinness Extra Stout on tap! But beer is my vote nonetheless. :P

Scott Malin

Let's plan on that. Is anyone staying far enough from the host hotel to need a ride over?

Mats Trane

Beer sounds good!

Cole Dano

Have one for me guys, i wish i could be there.

Have a great seminar - i can't wait for Mallorca 2011!

Razz

Have a beer or 10 for me too! :D wish I could be there.

Billy Cook

Tilted Klit sounds like a winner

Billy :lol:

Simon Grégoire

Alright, I'll drop by too. See you guys tomorrow!

Blairbob

Enjoy fellas. I've been out of town nearly every week for the past 5 weeks and then next weekend again.

Andrew

Hey Guys!

It was a pleasure to meet many of you this past weekend. I'm very impressed by the level of dedication by all. What a great experience learning from Coach Sommer and staff, and my training is completely reinvigorated! I hope to be more active on this forum in the future. Thanks for the good times y'all!

Ag Walks FTW

Erich Lin

ag walks make me have to use the bathroom :)

Mats Trane

Excellent seminar! Thanks again Coach, Dillon, Jeff, Josh! Sorry if I missed someone

Lots of inspiration again!

Joshua Naterman

Oh yea, by far the best seminar to date!

Thank you to Coach Sommer, Dillon, Jeff, Allan, and pretty much every single person who came out! We had a great time and got fantastic instruction. There is also now a typed syllabus so you don't have to try and jot everything down furiously and hope you don't miss something! That was a massive improvement all by itself. There will be more along the way, so expect continued improvements as time goes on!

And look out you Europeans, I'm looking to catch up with you guys in strength! :)

Mats Trane
slizzardman said:
And look out you Europeans, I'm looking to catch up with you guys in strength! :)

You already did Slizz! I didn´t see anyone at Malorca having a Frontlever like you!! Wish I hade taken a picture of it.