How long is a new guy expected to hold a lsit on parallel bars? Also I noticed when doing the lsits on pbars it is significantly easier if I "lean back" sort of pushing my body forward. It makes me feel more like I am sitting on my arm bones as opposed to using muscle to support my weight.
newb pbars lsit time?
Started by Chris Cantrell, May 21, 2011 · 7 Replies · 5,668 Views
So I went back to the book for my answer and discovered that what I am doing is the advanced PB lsit.
In all honesty the advanced lsit is significantly easier for me than the standard style. Could it be because of my severly atrophied and week left deltoid?
I have the same "problem". If I lean back quite a lot, I can hold an L-sit, but can't do a normal one. i think it's because of my huge inflexibility in hamstrings. How good is yours?
Not really sure how "good" it is.
If I lean back like you mentioned I can hold my legs up and level, for about six seconds. Its core strength holding me back, I think.
Well basically you are just relying on your upper body strength to cheat it and make up for the lack of angle in your hips. Same can be done in L-hang.
The thing is very strange for me, since I can do full HLL with just a tiny bit of angle in my knees, and I can do standing ab wheel for repetitions - so core strength is definitely not holding me back. The lack of hamstring flexibility makes the quads fire crazy hard and cramp.
Uzeeh said:I have the same "problem". If I lean back quite a lot, I can hold an L-sit, but can't do a normal one. i think it's because of my huge inflexibility in hamstrings. How good is yours?
Same for me. Stupid hamstrings....
Coach Sommer advises that in an l-sit, you should not focus on leaning back, but rather put your effort in trying to push the ground away from you with your arms. Thats what you want to develop