Question about staggering WO throughout the day and a pic

Started by Chris Cantrell, May 20, 2011 · 3 Replies · 2,061 Views

Chris Cantrell

I finished building a set of makeshift parallel bars today, and quickly realized I wont be winning any gold medals anytime soon.

For a straight up beginner is it okay to use the bars throughout the day for five minutes or so at a time, until I build up enough strenght (muscle endurance?) to go longer?

Or do I need to dedicate an hour or so and just take breaks as they are required?

If anyone wants to build these bars they seem to work just fine and cost about a hundred dollars I bought everything at lowes and spent a few hours building them.

Faraz Ahmed

Wow,

those parallel bars look good.

I will do something similar, but for now I just use 2 chairs.

It doesnt work as good as parallel bar but its okay for the moment.

As for your question about doing it throught the day, I am not experienced enough to answer.

Joshua Naterman

Either way will work as long as you don't overdo it.

swarovski

I guess you'll have to insert two other timber at the base of the makeshift running along the rails to make it more solid. You won't be able to do swinging dips or anything like that.

Very good stuff!