WOD and periodization (when to start?)

Started by Chris Cantrell, May 18, 2011 · 2 Replies · 6,179 Views

Chris Cantrell

I think that I read the WOD's are periodized in some fashion. I am just getting back in to gymnastics after laying off my entire teenage and adult life, having done a couple years of cycling training I understand periodization in general, but not specifically in relation to strength training.

Are the WOD's scheduled on some sort of periodized plan, and if so how are they best started? Wait for the proper time, or just jump right in?

Alvaro

Just jump in.! :D

swarovski

wods are 4 days a week and the pattern repeat itself every 18 wods. still there are just 7 different kind of wod.

Most guys will tell you to just jump in whenever you like and scale exercises to your level, maybe following a week behind in order to see at how other people had scaled it. Though, it's my personal opinion to say that until you have the working capacity for at least the easiest variation for EVERY progression from the book, scaling exercises can change the workout to something pretty different from the intended purpose. Expertise is required here as wods are very advanced for the average gym goers.