big lower body, skinny and weak upper body

Started by wannabestrong, May 17, 2011 · 4 Replies · 3,730 Views

wannabestrong

Hi, I am almost 20 years old male and I have pretty skinny upper body

I started with some things like headstand, handstand, walking by arms

I made "rings" so I have started do pullups and dips on rings (only 3 in set)

I have big problem with tuck planche, so I think it is due to my big legs and hips

So I ask, what should help me with planche and levers (also human flag), I am 188 cm tall and 83 kg

Thanks, I have read also this article

http://www.gymnasticbodies.com/index.ph ... s&Itemid=3

Joshua Naterman

You'll do better as your upper body catches up in size and strength with your lower body! It takes time, so as long as you are focused on the next step, which is building up to 5 dips and pull ups per set, and then the NEXT step, which is 6 or 7, and so on you will do fine.

Work the exercises in the book! I suggest that you follow the WODs. They are very upper body oriented which will help keep your legs from growing.

wannabestrong

I am stagnating with dips (I cannot workout, due to idiot man in our school), but I can do 6 reps in set of pullups

I am also train with powerlifters in morning, our training is:

monday: squats, hamstrings excercise, triceps and biceps + abs

tuesday: benchpress, back (deadlift), shoulders + abs

thursday same like monday

friday same like tuesday

so I need to know, how to implements rings and levers into this, I train in gym in morning, so I can train gymnastics thing afternoon, but I don't know how to pair them

THX

wannabestrong

bump

Razz

Try to check out the WODs and scale them to your ability :)