Keeping Track of WODs

Started by Cole Dano, May 12, 2011 · 7 Replies · 3,078 Views

Cole Dano

There have from time to time been requests a way to keep the WODs in sequential order.

This can be for a number of reasons, someone clicks on the WOD forum and looks at the WOD at the top of the list, only to find its there due to a comment from a WOD originally posted a month before.

In my case, i like to run a few days behind, so i can know what's coming up. It helps me to plan where i will need to practice, i have some equipment at home, and some at my studio.

It may be one just wants to refer back to a previous WOD.

The solution is actually quite simple! Drag the url from your browser for each days WOD into a folder on your computer, the file manager will keep every thing in order for you. You can even make a little note in the title as to what kind of WOD is it was.

For example: WOD-110506 -Ring Strength

If you want to keep track of your progress, simply post a comment in the thread, and everything is there for easy future reference, sorted by date.

Johann Wimmer

So simple yet so useful ! :D

Thanks!

Leandro

I will try that when I get back to the wods! thanks for the tip!

Adam Bodestyne

Hmm. I thought I would see if I could construct a Search that would return the WODs in order, by searching the WOD forum for posts by Coach Sommer and sorting the results in descending order by "Topic Title."

Unfortunately "WOD" is too short a word to search for, so I tried searching for the word 'notes'.

It seems to work, to some extent.. But I guess it will break if Coach stops using the word "notes" in his WOD posts, or makes a typo or something. (c:

Unfortunately this is a pretty flakey solution, since Coach's inconsistent use of a hyphen in the titles will cause them to sort out of order. If Coach continues with this format of "WOD YYMMDD " for title names, it should sort properly, though.

Anyway, here's the URL for that particular search:

Search for WODs and list them most recent to least

D Nowell

If you scroll to the bottom of the WOD subforum and search by subject then you will get them in chronological order.

Cole Dano

haha! I can't believe that i never noticed you could do that! :oops:

David Picó García

A lot of different way to do but if you search by author not keyword *Sommer in the WOD subforum and search by topics inestead of post and order descending, you'll have all the WOD ordered. :wink:

Coach Sommer

The GB WODs are already ordered sequentially according to date: for example WOD 110516 = Workout of the Day for May 16, 2011. Whether or not someone has posted a reply to an earlier WOD in no way affects this.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer