Anyone heard of stomach vacuum??
Here in english:
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/ms-fit5.htm
And this shows arnold doing it:
http://www.treinohardcore.com/stomach_vacuum.htm
(It's the same article, in portuguese)
I've been researching a lot on stuff to get cool abs. Today I have 8% BF measured by a nutritionist, and I have decent ab muscles. I can describe my abs just like the first photo in the first link. I'm not that strong, but the abs are very similar. I do a lot of ab exercises, HLL included.
The thing is, I had some years of my life which had been partially sedentary and terrible at nutrition. I got fat and with the stomach inflated, this lasted for some years. But it was a long time ago. In the past years I've been exercising like mad, doing gymnastics, a hell amount of cardio, lifting weights (summing all the years, not everything at the same time).
So I get to the point which I have 8% BF. Indeeed, If I catch the fat around my stomach, it's very thin. But If I relax the abs, while I'm standing, my stomach comes forward, and it's not a little, it's like from 88cm, being contracted, to 95 cm relaxed. I tried everything already. My nitrition is not paleo, but excelent. I do cardio. I do abs exercises. And I don't have a decent cool looking core. And I want it.
Do you think in my case this stomach vacuum will work?
Maybe my inner abs are weak and flacid?
I wonder if all the gymnastic exercises Iv'e been doing do not work these inner abs, and only this technique activates them?