Hi everyone, I am so glad i found this site. I got interested in my fitness about two years ago, looking to improve my off road motorcycle racing. Starting on a road bike, and now also working on a C2 rower. I have seen great improvements in my overall cardio and in my race results, but I am looking for more.
As a kid (8-13, I am 34 now) I did gymnastics and back then i was in amazing shape, even after i quit gym it the fitness stuck with me until I reached drinking age.
So now I am back and hoping some of you have a few words of wisdom for me.
I "think" I am going to need to keep cycling and rowing in my program on some level, not sure how much at this point. Over the last two years I have trained as much as 20 hrs per week, and have settled into a 8 hr per week program that I have been on for over six months.
One thing that concerns me is a destryed left shoulder froma MX crash. My left deltoid is very weak and small, and i still have some surface area with zero feeling, I guess from nerve damage. No pain and a good ROM but it might be an issue.
I have plenty of time to dedicate to my Gym work, and i am interested in skills along with strength. I would like to work on some tumbling, P-bars, rings and high bar.
My body weight is pretty low and i am a little guy but I could probably lose another 3% BF or so. I am 5'4 and 132 pounds.
I now I am leaving some things out but please feel free to let me know where to start and if I need anything else, any info about the injured shoulder will be great.
Thanks so much, looking forward to getting this started.
Chris