How long do you exercise for?

Started by Bonn, May 3, 2011 · 14 Replies · 3,244 Views

Bonn

How long do you guys generally exercise for? I generally exercise for two hours, focusing on strength development to help me attain the skills I want, and do you guys have a specific routine?

Blairbob

Yes, I do. I start anywhere from 8-9pm, generally ending around 11pm.

Erik Sjolin

I usually spend about two hours, but I like to play around with everything throughout the whole day.

This may not be the best idea though, because I've actually been regressing in my presses. :cry:

AlexX

40 to 60 minutes, yes I have a specific routine.

Bonn

What do your specific routines include? Mine starts off with stretching and warm ups, then I just work on the skills i'm trying to build up to, like doing tuck planche holds.

Uzeeh

Mine last for about 30 minutes. WU is normally front lever + occasional L-sit, plus some shoulder dislocates, and high kicks on leg days. Then WOD. I also GTG pull-ups and handstanding throughout the day, for some 10-20min HS and about 100-200 chin-ups a day.

AlexX

You can just go through the workout logs to see people's routine. But mine start with soft tissue work, then mobility drills and then the main exercises. I don't do fsps as a warmup because they are in my main work. So instead of separating the fsps and fbes I just pick the ones I want to attain and use that as the main work. At the end I do assistance work for whatever needs it: retractors, lower traps, grip work and so on.

Samuel Carr

Mine normally lasts 1.5 to 2 hours. First i run 3/5 mile for a quick warm up then i stretch whatever will be used during the day's wod. Then i do one of ido's shoulder mobility routines, then 7 fsp's, the wod (hs ones take longer), then more stretching

Joshua Naterman

My strength training lasts around 30 minutes. Warm up probably takes 20 minutes if I am doing full body mobility and injury prevention work, and 10 if it's just upper or lower body.

I always work hip mobility and activation, and have been fairly consistent about lower and mid traps as well. I have been slacking some on external rotators, and they are visibly falling behind.

Felipe

70-90 mins at home, very proficient

90-150 mins at commercial gym, tons of time go away talking

The same at gymnastics gym, but not very efficient (rolls and cartweel take times!)

Joshua Naterman

Yea, skill training is different. Skill training can go on for 2 hours sometimes, but I almost never do that. I'm getting back into it now that I'm working with the Chamblee High School football team.

AlexX

Skill work I just work until I see the skills I am working start getting worse and not better. Sometimes that's 30 minutes sometimes it's 2 hours.

Joshua Naterman

Yea. It's definitely not straight time. Alex, we need to train together again!

AlexX
slizzardman said:
Yea. It's definitely not straight time. Alex, we need to train together again!

Absolutely, just tell me what day you are available.

Joshua Naterman

I'll give you a call this weekend I think, I am going up to help my dad tend the garden for the weekend but we can set it up for this coming week.