Wrist and Hand strength for L-Sit

Started by stockbridge, April 26, 2011 · 3 Replies · 3,949 Views

stockbridge

I am looking for advice or a previous post if someone can find it (L-sit does not come up on searches) on strengthening wrist and hands for the L-Sit and other floor exercises. I can hold an L-Sit for 40 seconds on parallettes but my hands give out at around 15 seconds on the floor.

Thank you for the help.

Blairbob

Basic plank supports or PB support.

learningtofly

Is it palms down ? I would understand if you're using fingers but otherwise...Like Blairbob said + handstands etc (pretty much everything from pull-ups to wrist series will do with time).

Michael Traynor

Build up hands flat front support, back support and side supports to 60s, as well as doing the wrist series and wrist push ups; your wrist will be bomb proof before you know it :) always be dilligent with your wrist preparation, there is almost no gymnastics movement that doesn't require strong and flexible wrists.