Training to much?

Started by Jamie Oliver, April 9, 2011 · 2 Replies · 2,228 Views

Jamie Oliver

Hi,

I'm currently training on Tuesdays and Fridays but would like to increase the amount of times I train for per week, maybe on Saturday as well. The problem is that I don't know if I should train the day after I have done something as i usually feel a bit tired but can easily hold a 20s handstand and L-sits.

I once heard that if you over train then you could be susceptible to strength reduction, is this true?

Any answers greatly appreciated.

Blairbob

Yes, if you get overtrained you will perform weaker.

What do you have going on your other days of the week?

Jamie Oliver

Not much, Gymnastics training on Tuesdays, I then give myself Wednesday to recover and train Fridays.

Kinda wanted to add in Saturday as well so I guess I'll have to go easy the day before.