how often?

Started by Ian Legrow, April 8, 2011 · 2 Replies · 1,921 Views

Ian Legrow

I have chosen a workout based on all the advice i have gotten via this web site. I used ot be a body builder. I know in body building you have to rest your muscles that you work out for 5 to seven days. I have jeard people ttrain for gymnastics every day. Can i do the beginners exercises every day? or every other day? or what?

Uzeeh

You can do exercises every day, IF you do brief sets and always do them when you're very energetic. Google Tsatsouline's grease the groove for more info. If you follow the WODs, though, it might be more effective to simply do them and not do anything else for strength. I do skill work like handstands on 6 days of the week, and that works fine. For FBE and FSP, though, every day would be too much for me. Try your limits, and if you feel fine and progress, it's most likely good.

Ian Legrow

ok thank you! Someone posted basic workouts for when you first star (60s plank, 60s reverse plank, etc) its on the beginners page. That what i have been doing.