Suppose that, for whatever reason, someone decides to only train the FSP's by themselves and that's it, no FBE's or anything else, let's say he starts only with PL FL BL and L-sit; in such a case, is it still enough to do just 1 minute each day 4 times a week? Will you still progress?
Quick FSP's question
Started by Warrior'sSuite, April 6, 2011 · 9 Replies · 2,189 Views
Yes, to some degree. I think there are a few anecdotes in the book with people having done just that.
Side question: to what degree could you increase this program if only doing the FSPs? Could you do, say, 3 min worth of holds for each FSP at a time?
Blairbob said:Yes, to some degree. I think there are a few anecdotes in the book with people having done just that.
What do you mean by "to some degree"?
What do you mean by "to some degree"?
I'm assuming that he means that it's better than doing nothing; you will achieve strength, muscular endurance gains, and minimal hypertrophy...but not as much as if you did a well-programmed workout of varying modalities. The degree to which you will see gains will likely be unique from individual to individual.
So if you do the FBE's, you'll master the statics a lot faster than if you didn't do any FBE's but only the FSP's? Is that how it is?
FSP < FBE < FSP/FBE is my understanding.
Warrior said:So if you do the FBE's, you'll master the statics a lot faster than if you didn't do any FBE's but only the FSP's? Is that how it is?
No, if you just do fsps you'll get them at about the same rate as doing both fsp and fbe but you wont be able to do anything else but the fsps because you'll have built your strength in a very narrow set of positions.
I barely train any fbes and I've progressed just fine (muscle ups and one arm chin up are the the only fbes I've done for quite a while, and at this point both have been dropped for other static positions). I did come from a weightlifting background though so I am not sure how someone with little bent arm straight would fair without the fbes, I would imagine some kind of a base in bent arm strength would really help things along.
Of course I still do prehab work and that's bent arm.
Alright thanks for all the answers, I'm actually NOT doing this FSP only thing but I just wanted to check if you can actually get to the final positions doing that and only that.
I do as much FBE's as I can just as a side note.