This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 110329

Started by Coach Sommer, March 29, 2011 · 11 Replies · 2,085 Views

Coach Sommer

vTIfss5oF8w

Complete four rounds:

60 sec Shuttle Run

15’ Cirque

10 FL Pulls

5 Front Pulls

notes:

1) The Shuttle Run should be performed with an all out effort. The primary focus of the Shuttle Run is to elevate the heart rate over 170 BPM.

2) Perform your shuttle runs in the following fashion; sprint out 5yds & return, sprint out 10 yds & return, sprint out 15 yds & return. Continue in this fashion non-stop for 60 seconds.

3) If you do not have a rope, substitute 10-15 Towel Pull-ups for the Cirque.

4) The intensity of the FL Pulls may be increased by either slowing the tempo, adding additional weight at the ankles; or both. If you really want to fry your grip, perform the FL Pulls with a towel.

5) Adjust the body position as necessary during the Front Pulls. It is not required to use the same body position for both the ascent and descent.

6) Do not rest more than 2-3 breaths in between exercises. If you are resting more than this or are unable to achieve the RX'd repetitions, you need to scale down the workout to accomodate your current strength levels.

7) You may rest 2-3 minutes between rounds.

Todd Gibson

What is the difference between a FL pull and front pull?

John Sapinoso

xZmqGeChwjs

Uzeeh

Today's WOD was incredibly hard for me, even though I scaled it as much as I could. I've normally used a M/W/F split, so training on two consecutive days isn't familiar.

WU:

Shoulder dislocates 4x12

High kicks

3x20 Frogstand

3x20 Tuck L-sit

4x 3m rope climb (No descent, didn't have enough strength today; Normally I could climb 12m with a descent, so this was a bit humiliating :oops: )

4x 5 Half hanging leg lift with a bit lean backward (this was even worse. Yesterday I did 6x10s adv tuck FL and now I couldn't even lift myself to it! :shock: )

4x 8 Pull-ups (My record is 25-30, and these were very hard today)

3000m slow running

I bought the rope just yesterday, and it felt really good. My only problem is that I can't hang it anywhere else than a tree branch that's just over 4,5m tall. When/If I get to the point where I could do 5-6m Cirque, should I do two repetitions of three metres? Or would that be too hard, as the descent is harder?

Josh Schmitter

Wrist Routine

FSP warmup

4 rounds:

60s Shuttle

10 foot assist towel pulls(alt. legs on book stack)

5 rows(about 145 degrees to floor)

5 jumping pulls(rough)

5 adv. tuck body levers

Contrast shower

lower leg/ankle prehab

This one is always a killer...I feel like I almost have my scaled version...something is still a little off though.

Patrick Angelo Sardilli

slizzardman is a beast at front pulls :shock: I'm still shocked to this day :shock:

Patrick Angelo Sardilli

Warmup:

Shoulder & Core Drills

10 Wrist Pushups

WOD:

Bench Press 75#(5) - 95#(5) - 115#(3) - 125#(5) - 140#(5) - 160#(5+)

4 Rounds:

400m Run (avg. 1:20)

8' Cirques (I hate my rope)

10 Front Lever Pulls

5 Front Pulls

Rest 2-3 mins

58SiWcDXhJU

Mark Wyly

Well it goes without saying buuut by round four I am ALWAYS spook drained and it is such a push of willpower. My arms will b a little shaky for sure. Great wod. I use to think finishing metcon with cirques was rougher. Buuut now I eat my words after starting metcon with cirques. Almost ready at my new place to post more videos. Just waiting for my computer hookup and its a go. Ill be able to post my wod regularly again. :')

Thnx coach.

Kenneth Manning

Brutal.

60sec bike sprint high resistance x 4 rounds

Rope pullups 10,10,9+1,8+2

FL adv tuck pulls 10, 6+4; Adv tuck TOP pulls 8+2, 8+2

front pulls tuck 5,5,4+1; front pulls half adv tuck 5

Eddie Stelling

WU: Ido's Shoulder Routine

-3 chest roll to HeS press up to HS

-1-2 chest roll to HS

3x2 HeSPU (concentric movement only) hands elevated 4"

FSPs

WOD:

4 rounds:

-200 m run

-15' cirque (legs in a bent leg straddle or dangling on the way up, & legs straddled with one arm negatives on the way down!!!Almost perfect form on the way down all 4 rnds, huge progress!!!)

-10 FL Pulls (mostly 3,3,2,2 - something like that. Tried a few in full lay and straddle hips slightly piked, but I can't pause in these postions, most were in flat tuck and tuck)

-5 Front Pulls (flat tuck mostly, tried full lay but once again can't pause)

* This workout smoked me.

* I have the hardest time with the front pulls. I can't figure out how to retract scapula and use the lats to pull to FL without bending my arms. When the arms start bent (FL pull) or when you lower from inverted hang you can almost lock them in tight and squeeze. But from a regular hang it feels impossible. Are the scapula suppposed to already be retracted when simply hanging there?

Patrick Angelo Sardilli

excellent tsoonami.

Im gonna scale down my crique to feet on floor and do 8x slowing down descending I think it would be more appropriate then me trying to slow down while climbing(it never works; also hate my rope)