Intro time

Started by William Reed, March 29, 2011 · 1 Replies · 1,982 Views

William Reed

Hello Everyone,

Excited to be here. Finally tried out a WOD on 28MAR11, scaled of course. One of my goals is to do handstand push ups on rings. Obviously that's gonna be awhile. Been working on my HS and for a few solid months now. Making corrections here and there. I've gotten a handful of almost Free Standing HSPUs where my forehead was almost touching on the deck. I'm hoping the wrist warm up routine will increase my flexibility in my right wrist. No luck yet. Been at it for about a month. I'm out of the country for a few more months can't wait to build some PBs once I get home. Been working diligently with my gut against the wall from now on for static HS holds. MUs have been coming along alright. Trying to work on slowing down and not leaning forward as much. Gonna be doing more Negatives and False Grip Pull ups. My False Grip strength is still a bit poor so far. Here's my last PU day.

First did about 30 mins of HS work then on to the PUs. All on XR

2 MU+L sit + 1 Bulg Dip

2 MU+L sit + 2 Bulg Dip

1 MU+L sit + 1 Bulg Dip

3 False Grip PU, a little too fast. Slowed the tempo to 2-1-3 after this set.

3 FG PU, FG weakened after 2

2 FG PU

4 sets of 5 Wide Grip PU, last set was 4

5,5,8,6 inverted row passed waist line

5,4,3, Close Grip L-sit PU

5,5,5 Wide Archer PU

5 Extra wide PU

2 10 secs one arm ring hold circuit

30 sec Curl Up L-sit

27 sec Hanging L-sit.

Cheers,

William

William Reed

Oh, one more thing. I finally made a PDF file of all of the GB WOD Acronyms. Huge time saver for me. It's on all the desktops of my computers at work and my laptop. Took me way to long to figure out that I'll need that to decipher this forum.

Cheers,

William