This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SNOWIS' workout log

Started by SNOWIS, March 28, 2011 · 37 Replies · 2,285 Views

Razz

Mate I'm gonna be honest here, your nutrition is shite. Raw eggs are not absorbed well so it's pretty much pointless drinking it. I'd also advice you to go off the peanut butter. Most of it contains trans fats, and if not there are still other bad things in it. Not trying to convince you to go full paleo or anything but these 2 changes would be worthwhile :=) ..oh and also drop the fat free milk..don't be fat scared, get some full cream organic milk if you really have to.

Train hard! :D

SNOWIS

Thanks for the honesty Razz. I just checked out what you wrote and it seems that egg protein is digested better when cooked, about 90%, as opposed to 50% when raw. I've been eating them raw because I can eat more that way plus I don't have to cook them. I'll try to get them cooked from now on. With regard to the peanut butter, I just realized last night that they put soy protein in there, so I wasn't planning on buying more anyways. The type of milk I drink depends on where I am. When I'm in school I mostly buy whole milk but when I go home which I just did yesterday, I only have fat-free milk. I actually used to be about 90% paleo and my bf% was very low, but with the food available to me, it's almost impossible to gain weight eating paleo. My nutrition is worse now, and my bf% has increased slightly (still sub 10% by my own estimation), but at least I'm gaining weight, which is most important to me right now.

Razz

Yeah so even if you can get twice as many eggs it'll add up to the same amount of protein in the end. Also Raw eggs block vitamin b12 absorption which in the end can be lethal if i recall correctly. Not good. Good thing that you're dropping the peanut butter. Gaining weight paleo can be hard sometimes so that justifies adding some milk, doesn't justify just filling up on crap though, but as long as you can stay sub 10% that's cool I guess :)

SNOWIS

Saturday, April 16

Sleep: Slept about 8 hours at night and a 3 hour nap in the afternoon.

Nutrition: Lunch was challah, assorted deli meats, potato salad, and 2 huge bowls of a meat filled cholent (stew with potatoes, onions, barley, meat, bones, etc.). Supper was 3 hard boiled eggs, 3 pieces of challah with jam, and a cup of whole milk. Will update the rest of tonight's food later. Edit: Had a late supper of goulash (beef, potatoes, carrots, squash, etc.).

Training: Today was supposed to be GVT squat day, but I can't lift because I'm at home and my normal gym is an hour away. :cry: I'll try to find a gym to squat in tomorrow. I'll try to do some stretching tonight instead. Edit: Figured out gumbis and then stretched. I did isometric side split stretches for 5 sets of 3 30 second contractions.

SNOWIS

Sunday, April 17

Update: Weighed in at 165 pounds today. That's 2 pounds gained over the past week. :D My goal is to keep this steady weight gain up for the next 2 months. If I can, I'll be a beast. I haven't been putting on too much bodyfat either; I think it's mostly muscle mass.

Sleep: Got only 4 hours of sleep. This definitely affected me. I felt tired and lethargic all day long.

Nutrition: Breakfast was a piece of home-made cake with whole milk and 3 hard boiled eggs. Lunch was turkey breast on a roll and pastrami with some french fries. I also had a nature's valley bar as a snack. Will update later. Edit- Pre-workout and post-workout I had 5 grams of creatine in water. Supper was chicken soup, goulash, chicken cutlets, chicken, and potatoes.

Training: Today I did a little outdoor training, as it was a fairly nice day. I got doublelegs outside for the first time so that went well. Then I had to do GVT leg day without access to a barbell, so I decided to do assisted SLS instead. I SLSed right in front of an open door, holding onto the doorknob on both sides for assistance. I supersetted right and left SLS with a 90 second rest period. I did 10 sets of 10 with a tempo as close to 40X0 as I could manage. It was very intense, but it felt like a good session.

SNOWIS

Monday, April 18

Sleep: Slept about 7 hours plus a half hour nap after working out.

Nutrition: For breakfast I had 1.5 bagels with dream cheese and lox, as well as a snapple and some OJ. Lunch was 3 hard-boiled eggs, a chocolate leben, and a few pieces of american cheese. Post-workout I had 3 cups of fat free milk. I had another meal about an hour later consisting of chicken soup with vegetables, boiled chicken, vegetable kugel, and OJ. That night, at the Seder (the festive meal of Pesach/Passover), I had matzah, romaine lettuce, matzah ball soup, meat. chicken, and potato kugel.

Training: I did GVT arms and shoulders. I supersetted ring curls and pike pushups with a 30X0 tempo for 10 sets of 10, with 90 seconds rest between supersets. I felt like continuing, so I trisetted single leg calf raises (right and left) with hanging leg raises and then situps. I did 10 sets of 10 with no rest between sets, but since i was working out such small muscles it wasn't difficult. After five sets of hanging knee raises i had to switch to situps because my form was breaking down.

SNOWIS

Tuesday, April 19

Sleep: About 6.5 hours at night plus a 3 hour nap in the afternoon.

Nutrition: Lunch was matzah, gefilte fish, chicken, meat, and salad. I snacked on a chocolate leben in the afternoon. At the second Seder I ate matzah, romaine lettuce, matzah ball soup, meat, chicken, and potato kugel.

Training: It was a total rest day besides for walking to the synagogue and back a couple of times.

SNOWIS

Wednesday, April 20

Sleep: About 6 hours plus a 3 hour nap in the afternoon.

Nutrition: Lunch was matzah, gefilte fish, squash soup, chicken, salad, and cake made out of eggs and potato starch. Supper was 2 matzahs, and some matzah brei (matzah fried with eggs).

Training: Another rest day besides for walking to synagogue.

SNOWIS

Thursday, April 21

Sleep: About 6 hours.

Nutrition: Breakfast was a barbecue at which I ate 5 large hot dogs, 5 hamburgers, and grapefruit juice. I didn't eat until supper, which was grapefruit, salad, turkey meatloaf, and potatoes. Post-workout I had apple juice and a banana.

Training: I did GVT chest and back. I supersetted ring rows and weighted pushups (wearing a 15 pound knapsack) for 10 sets of 10 with a 40X0 tempo.

SNOWIS

Friday, April 22

Sleep: About 7.5 hours.

Nutrition: Breakfast was about 5 hot dogs, 2 large hamburgers, and grapefruit juice. Had a banana for a snack. Lunch was matzah, chaddar cheese, tuna fish, and whole milk. Supper was matzah, vegetable soup, broccoli, steak, potato kugel, and meatballs.

Training: GVT leg day. I trisetted assisted SLS (right and left legs) with sit-ups. I did 10 sets of 10 with a tempo of 40X0 and 45 seconds rest between trisets.

SNOWIS

Saturday, April 23 - Saturday, April 30

I felt pretty lousy this week and this, combined with the fact that Sunday night through Tuesday night were Passover and I couldn't work out, left me not motivated to train or post here. Now that I'm back at school I'm feeling better and I'm back on track.

Sleep: I averaged about 7 hours a night.

Nutrition: I didn't really eat enough all week.

Training: The only training I did was some stretching.

Weight Progress:

April 24- Weighed 166 in the late afternoon after not eating all day.

April 25- Weighed 167.5 after eating a lot the night before and that whole day.

April 30- Weighed 166 after a few days of underfeeding.

SNOWIS

Sunday, May 1

Sleep: About 6.5 hours.

Nutrition:Breakfast was three packages of apple and cinnamon oatmeal with milk. I didn't eat any lunch due to poor planning. Supper wasn't until 11 at night. I had most of a chicken shawarma when my stomach suddenly started hurting for some reason, so I stopped eating. I probably had all of 1,500kcals the whole day.

Training: Taught parkour again today. I worked on standing sideflips off a vault onto a mat and punch fronts onto a higher resi-mat. Then I went to a park with some friends and did some strength work on the bars, doing muscleups, straddle front levers, back levers, tuck planches, chinups and dips.

SNOWIS

Monday, May 2

Sleep: Aboout 8 hours.

Nutrition: Breakfast was 1 bowl of cheerios with milk, 1 bowl of raisin bran with milk, 2 cups of orange juice. Lunch was 5 hot dogs in buns. Supper was chicken, meatloaf, and mashed potatoes.

Training: Just before class I did 2 sets of 5 reps of weighted pullups with my knapsack (about 25 pounds), 5 tuck planche pushups, and 5 headstand pushups.