This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 110324

Started by Coach Sommer, March 24, 2011 · 15 Replies · 2,705 Views

Coach Sommer

T2njp87xHBM

Complete four rounds:

60 sec HS Wall Runs

10 Germans

20’ Wallabys

30 sec Swinging Dips

Finish with 2x10 Wrist Pushups

notes:

1) Move immediately from the HS Wall Runs to the Germans.

2) After the Germans move immediately to the Wallabys.

3) The video demonstration of Wallabys above shows them performed as a stationary element; however in today's GB WOD the Wallabys will be performed moving forward for the designated 20'. At no time should the elbows be allowed to bend or the back to arch during the Wallabys.

4) After the Wallabys move immediately to the Swinging Dips.

5) Rest 2-3 minutes between rounds.

6) Scale the movements as necessary to allow the correct repetition range to be performed for a given movement.

Patrick Angelo Sardilli

I caught a bad cold guys... gonna start my WODs again on Monday. :(

Keep it up!

Lindbjerg

i want a workout i can do in my fitness, ! i dont have alle those gymnastic equip

Josh Schmitter

Wrist routine(minus all actual pushup variations)

FSP warmup(recently scaled down, feels much better)

4 rounds:

30s wall runs/30s wall hold

10 regular pushups(tried PPPu first round, no way I could keep it up)

20 Wallabys(stationary)

30s swinging(no dips due to instability of chairs and I am weak...this was still very taxing)

2x10 wrist pushups

ankle/lower leg prehab

contrast shower.

Felt pretty good considering my sleep has been out of whack the past week or so...been going easy/skipping some WOD's. I think I may be taking too much magnesium at night(500mg during last meal, another 500 right before bed...not to mention 500mg after workout). I'm going to cut by 500 at night and see what happens.

Daniel Jorgensen
Lindbjerg said:
i want a workout i can do in my fitness, ! i dont have alle those gymnastic equip

LOL, then be creative! I do the WO's at home or at not very gymnastic equipt gyms...

Swinging dips - done between two stair-master machines

Germans - done at a bench with bend legs

Kenneth Manning

Man, anything that involves the planche kills me. That's the one FSP that I just can't seem to improve on. 2 years in and I still can't hold a hips-high tuck planche. Full BL, 10 sec straddle FL, 20 sec floor L sit, but anything beyond an advanced frog stand and my hips sink like they're in quicksand. Anyway....

HS Wall runs 60 sec x all 4 rounds

PPP (floor) 10,10,7+3,6+4

single clap pushups 10, 10, 9+1, 7+3

30 sec swinging dips (reps x) 10, 11, 9, 9

2x10 wrist pushups

Tried wallabys but just couldn't tell if I was doing them properly.

David Barclay

Wallabys ... yet another element that looks doable, but at which I fail miserably during execution. I only managed to lift my hands off the ground, certainly didn't bounce about like the video, and wonder if anyone has any advice on how I should have done it properly.

thanks,

David

Coach Sommer
killroy70 said:
... anything that involves the planche kills me. That's the one FSP that I just can't seem to improve on. 2 years in and I still can't hold a hips-high tuck planche. Full BL, 10 sec straddle FL, 20 sec floor L sit, but anything beyond an advanced frog stand and my hips sink like they're in quicksand ...

The 20 sec floor L-sit is the culprit as I highlighted above.

This short hold is indicative that shoulder girdle and core strength are lacking in the support position. I prefer for this element to be held for 60 seconds. I would recommend some concentrated work in the warm-up or skill training section of your workouts for the next 3 weeks to directly address this issue.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Eddie Stelling

WU: Ido's Shoulder routine

-20 min of HS Work

-45 min of PL work- (lots of PL leans and pushing back from the lean), *Played around and held my tuck PL, up to 15s from my previous 6s a couple of weeks ago. Need to work on L-sit like coach said.

-3x5 compressive strength lift up- (get on the little p-bars and w/ arms straight try to pike press HS stopping when your feet are standing on the bars, then reverse down to L-sit. Had to bend legs on the way up but form was strict on the negative down.)

WOD:

4 rounds:

60s HS wall runs

10 Germans (half lay) - bad setup

20 Wallabys

30s swinging dips (2 rnds), regular dips (2 rnds) - poor setup and would rather the tricep burn than poor form.

2x10 Wrist pushups (full p-up 1x10, on the knees 1x10)

FSPs - 2.5 hrs later at home

j4b
The 20 sec floor L-sit is the culprit as I highlighted above.

This short hold is indicative that shoulder girdle and core strength are lacking in the support position. I prefer for this element to be held for 60 seconds. I would recommend some concentrated work in the warm-up or skill training section of your workouts for the next 3 weeks to directly address this issue.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

I am having the same issue, and will also try this. I want a planche! Planche planche planche!

..please?

Alvaro

4X

- 60 secs hs wall runs, once tired I just maintained the handstand. Maybe something like 40-20

-10 germans, performed on a dip station, the rom was quite limited but I am happy that could perform the 10 reps at once every round!.

-25- 20 wallabys, next time I´ll bring my chronometer because I had to count individual wallabys.

-20 sec dips between high paralletes (tall like a chair more or less), with feet at the ground, Maybe the rithm was too high and got tired too soon, next time I´ll try tempo dips to allow 30 secs.

overall much better than the last time, this month of 90% compliance of wod (I am skipping dinamic legs due to an injury), but there is continuous improvement from one wod to the next one. :D

John Sapinoso

6KQaqHOtUsM

Mats Trane
ts00nami said:
6KQaqHOtUsM

Truely insperational ts00nami!

Where in southern Californina are you? If everything works out, me and my son are going to Coaches seminar in May and after that I hope to spend 3 days i Santa Monica.

John Sapinoso

Cdx, I used to live in Ventura County, I'm now located in DC. Hope you're able to go [=

Kenneth Manning

Thanks Coach for the info. See, this is one of those areas where I wouldn't have seen the correlation. I will put more work into the floor L sit, seeing if I can't bring that hold time up. I feel pretty good in the standard support position (if we're talking about locked arms, rings turned out, etc). My hip flexors/quads tend to be the first to give out during any of the L sits. For example, I can probably hold a tuck L XR L sit for 60 sec (never really tried), but when I get on the floor and get into an L sit, my arms/shoulders feel pretty solid, but my legs, at around the 20 sec mark, always tend to start to sag.

Anyway, I'm going to focus on this and see if I can't finally get my planche moving along. It's been the one and only FSP that hasn't progressed for me by working through it's individual progressions. Frog stand and adv frog stand both easy for 60 sec, tuck planche..... not so much.

Mats Trane
ts00nami said:
Cdx, I used to live in Ventura County, I'm now located in DC. Hope you're able to go [=

Ventura, Home of Patagonia clothing! To bad youre in DC maybe we could have met up for a training session.