Please check my program

Started by jeffd, March 23, 2011 · 2 Replies · 2,052 Views

jeffd

Hi all. I am beginning a gymnastics focused training program after following CrossFit for about two years. I just wanted to get some opinions on my planned programming. So without further ado, lets get into it.

Warm up:

10 min jogging

FSP warm up-

60s plank

60s reverse plank

60s perfect hollow hold with hands over your head

60s arch hold in the superman flying position

60s Parallel Bar support.

60s chin up grip dead hang (Found this on forums)

Wrist warm up (I found a video through these forums and believe the routine is Coach Sommers')

I need to strengthen my wrists for various other skills. Would adding this warm up be sufficient?

I will be following the WOD's on this forum, but of course with scaling as necessary. So I will be working out M, T, Th,F. I have read that one stretching session a week should be done. Should this be done after a WOD or on a rest day? My plan is to do this stretching session on Wed.

The stretching session that I plan to follow is one that I have found on these forums.

seal stretch

pike stretch

cat stretch (shoulder flexion)

german stretch (shoulder extension)

middle split

pancake split

right/left front split after warming up lunge and single leg half split

yoga plow

bridge

shoulder stretching

figure 30sx14x2. That's and easy 20m there. Or start off with half of that.

Is this a good routine for stretching or am I missing something?

My goals currently are to develop a freestanding handstand, a muscle up (once my rings ship), and to work through progressions for the planche. I plan on implementing these things into my warm up. Would you suggest that this is the best way to develop these?

Any comments/advice will be appreciate.

Blairbob

Hmm, that stretching program looks mighty familiar. Heh.

You can easily fit in some HS and MU work every day or alternating days after the Warmup.

Are you going to follow the GB WOD, a SteadyState Cycle for the statics and pushup/pullup/core/legs or Killroy70 program?

jeffd

The GB WOD I believe. (The one posted under WOD on these forums)