Hi all
I have been watching this site for a while and using a lot of the methods described and have been seeing good progress in some areas.
A bit about myself: I have been rock climbing for a number of years and this was the enphasis of my traiing until i damaged a finger tendon and had to take some time off. I then stumbled a cross coach sommers article on Dragon door regarding front lever progressions and planche. My initial interest was regarding front levers as i could see the benefit in applying this skill to climbing. So i started doing the progressions and found i quickly progressed on the front lever doing them daily for 60 seconds and within 4 months i was doing straddle lever. I found the planche harder (as like most climbers i have an over developed back and under developed chest and shoulders). However in the same time i found myself progress from frog to tuck planche and can hold this for 12 seconds sometimes 20.
In the same time i have started goping to gymnastics when i can and i have managed to learn some skills can now hold a handstand for over 10 secs, muscle up (found this quite easy, must be the climbing), somersaults etc.
My areas of problem are handstand pushups I am feeling no progress in these despite feeling quite solid in a handstand, I have been doing negatives to try and build strength.
Also i seem to have plteaued in my planche at 6 sets of 10 secs in tuck three times a week ( i tried it every day but found the lack of rest detrimental)
My front lever has also stalled at the straddle which i can hold just off flat (slight pike) for 35 secs max. Problem is my elbows are staring to hurt from the levers.
I have been doing L sits on the ground and on my parallettes and i can esily hold for 20 seconds started adding in progress to V sits with ok results
My goals are to aquire a planche, full front lever, handstand push up, handstand press, Iron cross and to climb French 8a (climbers will understand).
Currently train three times a week (mon, weds & Fri) and attend gymnastics for skills once on a thursday.
Training consists of:
Handstands 10 mins of holds
10 hanstand lower negatives
Bulgarian dips 3 x 6
Cross pullouts (feet on box) 3 x 5
flys on rings (feet on box) 3 x 5
Planche progressions.
Front lever progressions.
Weigted pullups max 36kg 3 x 3
L sits 15 secs x 4
V sits progressions (max hold 3 secs)
Thats about it i think any help would be great and sorry it was so long!