New program and prerequisites

Started by Marco, March 16, 2011 · 6 Replies · 3,862 Views

Marco

Hi boys, in the past I have used a gymnastic training doing tuck planche and front tuck lever, both for 15-20'', but I feel that is very taxing for me SNC and for my arms. In the last year I abandoned gymnastic training and I am doing classic weight training. Maybe I have a problem in some vertebras and so maybe I have to leave weight training. I would use a gymnastic training. Now I have read of prerequisites (1 years ago, I have never seen this stuff).

I have read that L-sit is prerequisite for planche training, german hang is prerequisite for back lever, and who is the prerequisite for front lever? I would use 3 FSP (L-sit, german hang and another one for FL) and after 3-4 FBE exercises for push, pull, core and legs using a 2 month SSC.

Warm up (plank, reverse plank, hollow and hold for core, hang for pull bar and PB support)

FSP

FBE

some exercises like wrist push up and wall slide

light stretching or cardio

Any suggestion?

Marco

No one? :?

Blairbob

A decent L hang/sit is also a prerequisite for virtually anything, including front lever.

swarovski

I believe 360 pulls in and out of german hang will work well as a FL prerequisite. (tuck for your first cycle)

XR plank support won't be bad either.

Marco

Thanks boys!

So I should use only two FSP? L sit and german hang?

Another question: sometimes I read that the prerequisites is 3x30'' and sometimes I read 1x60''. Is it same?

Blairbob

Not always, it depends on the movement.

The ability to do a basic skin the cat/360 pull is rudimentary rings strength. It's one of the first things you learn before muscle-ups and after basic hangs and supports and swings.

swarovski

actually you're going to perform L-sit, GH and HS plus 6 prerequisites (hollow, arch, plank, reverse plank, hang, support). with FBE and prehab, I bet you're gonna be busy for more than an hour with an hard workout.

Side planks are also good as static hold, just as much as hindu push ups, XR jackknife pushups, XR archer pushups and XR flyes are for bodyweight exercises even if aren't in the book.