This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 110308

Started by Coach Sommer, March 8, 2011 · 18 Replies · 2,965 Views

Coach Sommer

UXwNBdyEewg

Complete four rounds:

60 sec HS Wall Runs

5 Wall PL Pushups

30 sec Swinging Dips

20’ L-sit walks

Finish with 2x10 Wrist Pushups

notes:

1) After the HS Wall Runs move immediately to the Wall PL Pushups.

2) After the Wall PL Pushups move immediately to the Swinging Dips.

3) After the Swinging Dips move immediately to the L-sit Walks.

4) The L-sit Walks should be performed with an all out effort. As such, do your very best to not pause during the 20’ of L-sit Walks.

5) Rest 2-3 minutes between rounds

6) Scale the movements as necessary to allow the correct repetition range to be performed for a given movement

Reece Nugent

What can i sub for wall runs?

Iv got really bad forearm splints that i need to rest :/

Also, if i cant do L-sit walks.. i sub in Ag Walks?

Patrick Angelo Sardilli

Workout legs and let arms rest is best thing for those forearms splints.

Kenneth Manning

Im looking for the best possible sub for L sit walks. I've tried one foot elvated but don't seem to get much out of that, its so far away from the real thing. I've also tried going back and forth multiple times across barbells in a rack in the tuck position but turning 5-6 times becomes a pain. I could sub in ag walks, but those seem to work such different musculature that I'm not sure they'd help in eventually achieving a true L sit walk. Should I just perform a regular floor L sit for time? Dip to L sit? This is one of those exercises that is really challenging to scale. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Tarun Suri

What about not actually moving forward on the barbells, just walking in place. Similar HS wall runs.

Falcon

Guys, can anyone of you explain to me how to do WOD training? I mean, I do my warmup (arch, hollow etc...), then my FSP training (back lever, FL...) and then this workout?

Kenneth Manning

Random, that's actually a pretty good idea! Going to give it a try here in a bit. Thanks

Gustav

Nice workout :) They always make me collapse after the last set haha :)

Joshua Naterman
Falcon said:
Guys, can anyone of you explain to me how to do WOD training? I mean, I do my warmup (arch, hollow etc...), then my FSP training (back lever, FL...) and then this workout?

That's Coach's preference for his athletes. You don't have to do that order, but it is very efficient to do so.

Joshua Naterman
Nugget said:
What can i sub for wall runs?

Iv got really bad forearm splints that i need to rest :/

Also, if i cant do L-sit walks.. i sub in Ag Walks?

Like you said, you have to rest. The connective tissue that holds the two forearm bones together is most likely inflamed and damaged.

After your workouts 10-15 minutes of ice followed by 20-30 minutes of heat will really help a lot. On non-workout days just use heat, and use it as often as you can. There are lots of cheap options: You could buy two heat lamp bulbs and shine them on each forearm, you could use a heating pad, or the cheapest option which is warm towels. You warm up water to 120-ish degrees, which feels hot but not scalding (meaning you can leave your hand in it as long as you want to with no problem). From there just dip a towel in the hot water and then wrap it around your forearm. For a cheap way to maximize the heat, use a thick black trash bag to wrap around the towel. This will allow the towel to retain its heat much longer. A mylar blanket is even better, but they are 10-20 bucks each. Trash bags are much cheaper. You would probably need to change the towel every 5-7 minutes, as a general guideline.

Injuries suck, I can't do swingng dips right now because my shoulder is still inflamed. I will probably have to stay away from them for a few months... I have a feeling I developed bursitis in my right shoulder. Ah well... in the grand scheme of things it's not that big a deal. I just work on my rings support and regular XR dips.

Falcon

I'm pretty much used to that type of workouts (FSP, then dynamic exercises) and one more question, if I'm doing now SSC on both FBE and FSP, should I continue with it, and switch to WOD after my SSC ends, or do weekly 2 scaled WODs and 2 workouts of my current plan? I would do that because I still need to build up a lot of strenght in pull ups and dips, for muscle ups in the future.

Josh Schmitter
Falcon said:
I'm pretty much used to that type of workouts (FSP, then dynamic exercises) and one more question, if I'm doing now SSC on both FBE and FSP, should I continue with it, and switch to WOD after my SSC ends, or do weekly 2 scaled WODs and 2 workouts of my current plan? I would do that because I still need to build up a lot of strenght in pull ups and dips, for muscle ups in the future.

Personally, from everything I've learned on here, I would finish up your SSC first as you want to change as close to nothing as possible in your cycle. From there you can follow the WOD's like a SSC as stated by the slizz here (last page of post)

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=5158&p=45475&hilit=SSC+WOD+exclusive#p45475

4 rounds:

-30s wall runs, 30s stomach to wall hold

-5 PPPu

-30s Swinging dips on chairs(not much swing due to instability and nonexistent strength, but I am super weak so this was enough :) Tried dip negatives 6s for one round but that would have rocked me too hard for 4 rounds.

30 steps L-sit walk 1 leg up.

2x10 wrist Pu-knees no pike

This felt much better than last DyPush day :)

Kenneth Manning

Today's WOD:

4 rounds

60 sec HS wall runs x 4

floor PPP x 5,5,5,5

30 sec swinging dips, reps/round equated to 10,10,10,8*

PB tuck L "steps", 20 "steps"/round (essentially treated like HS wall runs, except facing away on my dip bars in a tuck L)

2x10 wrist pushups, legs straddled

*swinging dips felt great today. Got below-parallel depth on each rep and really pressed out nicely on the back swing.

Patrick Angelo Sardilli

WU:

5 min Rowing

Pushup Variations

L-Sit 20s Hold

4 Rounds:

60s HS Wallruns

5 PL Wall Walks (I had my knees bent to scale :()

30s XR Swing Dips (OH what horrible technique; harder on rings lol)

20' L-Sit Walk (oh my I'm moving!)

Rest 3 mins

Ok my PL Wall Walks were horrible and my XR Swing Dips was just funny haha enjoy laughing. I wanted to try my 20' L-Sit Walk. I can take baby steps although I break at the knees. :mrgreen:

jCGc0_xaf6A

Newguy

No laughing on my part! That is what my swinging dips look like (I don't normally have access to P-bars) :)

Squatchy

I took an easy recovery week last week, skipped FSP's and didn't push it too hard today because I was pretty sore/beat from the workout yesterday.

4 rounds

60s wall run (didn't do full 60 on all, last round decided to do 4 15sec runs focusing on lowering down well at the end)

5 PPP from floor (did one set with feet on wall)

30sec swinging dips (these were mostly swinging, not much dipping :lol: )

20' L-sit walk (sliding heels on the floor the whole way)

2x10 wrist pushups

Mark Wyly

Have been staying strong on wod but have been too exhausted when I get home to post my wod.

@spartan. L sit walks at the endof the metcon wod are 10x more challenging them at the beginning of a wod! Good job.

Completed all four rounds of

60 s wall run

5 wall pl push ups

30 sec swing dips

20 l sit walks

Fourth round l sit walks couldn't keep heels from dragging. First three rounds felt good.

2 minutes rest each round.

20 " coma after round 4.

2x10 wrist push ups.

Tyler Schmitz

Today's WOD

No Warm Up

4 rds:

60 s Wall HS Hold

5 PL wall pushup

30 s swinging dips 1/2 ROM

20' L-Sit walk butt dragging

2x10 wrist pushups

Eddie Stelling

WU: Ido's basic shoulder ROM routine

FSP: routine

- Can already feel my body starting to adapt, feeling stronger every time!

4 rds:

60s HS Wall Runs

5 PL wall pushup (superset with 5 PPP on 2 out of 4 rnds where I was unhappy with form on the PL wall pushups)

30s swinging dips 1/2 ROM (on the end of a GHD machine, limited ROM, also breaked half way through)

20' L-Sit walk heels dragging

-A bunch of HeSPU's on the wall with hands elevated on 45lb plates

-Additional ab work