Starting point on WOD.

Started by Matthew Hardy, March 4, 2011 · 6 Replies · 2,614 Views

Matthew Hardy

For the last month and a half I've been following the workouts of the day from 2008 (very beginning). Should I continue this, or are the newer WOD more thorough and I should start at a certain date?

Blairbob

The WODS were different when first posted compared to now. At first, they were very rudimentary but now they are a bit more thorough, sorta.

Matthew Hardy

Thanks for the reply, does Coach mention when it's the start of a new cycle, or do you think I could choose a point I feel is right without detriment?

Blairbob

No, he doesn't.

Just Start up on a Monday though it doesn't really matter.

Cole Dano
matjamhar said:
Thanks for the reply, does Coach mention when it's the start of a new cycle, or do you think I could choose a point I feel is right without detriment?

The cycle is circular, it takes 30 days to complete. Like a circle there is not start point, just jump in where you choose. The real art in using the WODs is in the scaling.

ASForum
Blairbob said:
The WODS were different when first posted compared to now. At first, they were very rudimentary but now they are a bit more thorough, sorta.

Were the previous WODs easier? i.e. easier on the newbie i.e. WODs were easier on the scale to start with?

Is there a certain place in the history of WODs where a newbie would have better chances..

Also which means a newbie would not have to SCALE these workouts a lot if they are already scaled to the easy end..

Blairbob

Just look at the WOD forum from day 1.