Starting Plan

Started by Rafael, March 4, 2011 · 4 Replies · 2,897 Views

Rafael

Ok, I have read through the book, and read a bunch on the forum. I think I could still some direction however.

My plan so far is to do the following 4 days a week:

1. Warmup ala Slizzardman's "My FSP warm up program" on youtube. Substituting easier versions if need be (i.e. Frog Stand instead of the Tuck Planche) And i'm going for an overall total of 60 seconds per exercise making sure to keep the rep times consistent.

I can Frog Stand for around 40 seconds, I have read that you want your reps to be consistent. Should I perhaps go 3 sets of 20 seconds a rep?

As part of this warmup routine I will do some Mobility work, for example:

Scapular Mobility----------

Scapular Stabilization----------

German Hangs----------

Wall Slides----------

Band Dislocates----------

Slizzardman Shoulders---------- http://www.youtube.com/user/slizzardman ... nAsnVNh0C0

Wrist Pushups----------

Rice Bucket----------

Wrists w/ankles----------

Splits

Pike

Straddle

Bridge walks----------

Active back flexibility----------

Obviously I wouldn't have time to do all of these, so I was thinking I could distribute them among all 4 workout days?

2. Next on the list would be the WOD (modified to my level of course)

3. At this point would I also need to add skillwork such as handstand stuff, or would that be included in my warmup? Or seperately on non WOD days?

I will keep the same rep times etc. for between 6-8 weeks before progressing onto harder variations.

Aside from this, I will be doing an intense stretch routine one day a week on the same day each week. After 4-6 weeks I will add another day if possible.

Sorry in advance if this is aggravatingly ignorant. I will appreciate any information you guys can give me. Thanks!

:D

braindx

1. It's best to cut it down to about 4-6 mobility exercises.

Find the ones in which you have the most restrictions in your movements and work those. Those are the most bang for hte buck exercises. Note that these may change as you get more advanced so don't be afraid to try more of them after every few weeks to see if you need more.

Can add in more if you finish your workouts early and still have time as well.

2. Ok

3. Skill work is typically done after the warmup when you are fresh

Typical workout structure is

warmup (warmup exercises, mobility, dynamic stretching)

skill work

power/strength work

endurance/metabolic work

flexibility or other mobility drills

Tarun Suri

To confirm, FSPs before or after mobility warmup? I've always done the mobility warmup prior to my FSPs. Ido's shoulder and scapula routines especially make quite the difference for my HS work in my FSPs.

braindx
RandomHavoc said:
To confirm, FSPs before or after mobility warmup? I've always done the mobility warmup prior to my FSPs. Ido's shoulder and scapula routines especially make quite the difference for my HS work in my FSPs.

After

FSP and all other strength exercises are categorized as strength work.

Typical workout structure is

warmup (warmup exercises, mobility, dynamic stretching)

skill work (handstands et al)

power/strength work (statics, dynamic exercises, explosive exercises)

endurance/metabolic work (long runs if you do that, metcons if you do that, etc.)

flexibility or other mobility drills

Rafael

Awesome! Thanks so much for the input! I'll narrow down on that mobility work too.

Just curious, but how long do these workouts normally run?

I appreciate it guys! :)