Hello everyone!
I just received my copy of BtGB a few days ago and have almost completed reading it. I first stumbled across Coach Sommer's dragon door article 5 years ago when I was 12 and while I always wanted to get started I have only ever played around with the tuck planche and L-sit. I can hold a tuck planche for around 30 secs. Having searched around a bit on the forum I understand that most people here consider the best way of starting the program as doing the WODs but scaling according to the progressions in the book. My question is how do I develop my FSPs? Do I do all 6 FSPs for sets totalling 60 secs as a warmup and then do the WOD. I must say that I only have an hour to workout in and that is if I wake up at 6:00am. Also, I know that Coach Sommer is writing a book on handstands but I am also seeking advice as to how to develop this. I have never done a handstand in my life and 'feel it' when I hold one against a wall. What amazes me is that on youtube there are videos of seemingly unfit yoga practicioners who can hold a freestanding handstand easily! Just to give you an idea of my fitness levels I can do 19 deadhang pullups. One final thing: I do not yet own rings but have made my own paralettes. I also own a TRX suspension trainer and was wondering if this would be an adequate substitute for the time being.
Mr.White