This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Ondrej's log

Started by watterman, February 28, 2011 · 3 Replies · 634 Views

watterman

Hi, first I want to introduce myself.

I'm 18yrs old student from the Czech republic. I started my fitness journey 3yrs ago, when I have first entered a gym. Two months in gym without knowing anything about fitness. 3days a week without any plan, just doing exercises I wanted to do. And I made big gains in terms of strength and body composition. Then I got into Muay Thai and started looking for magic pill for overall fitness at the Internet. I've been reading almost every book on this subject, mostly about functional fitness. I sticked with Muay Thai for about 10months in past 3 yrs (I had very long pauses in betweeen).

In the meantime I've become obsessed with bodyweight movements. I've read books mostly from Pavel Tsatsouline, Mat Furey, Brooks Kubik and my favorite above all - Ross Enamait. The more I knew, the less I did. Sometimes in this 3year period I started some programs, but sticked with them only for about 2-3weeks each. Also I did Chen Tai Ji Quan for 4 months.

About 6 months ago I came to this forum, read things and forget I've ever been there. Then tried gym again, but I didn't find weights more enjoyable than doing unbelievable things with your body. So I come to this forum again in hope of better days :)

My goals

- learning some nice looking bodyweight movements (it sounds silly, I know :D)

- got a better looking body. I want to make my body look more wider.

- gain better flexibility and mobility in terms of shoulders, wrists and make my legs flexible enough to make a high kick on 180cm tall target. :)

Body measurement I currently have:

height: 172cm

weight: 59kg

biceps: 29,5cm

forearm: 27cm

chest: 87cm

shoulders: 109,5cm

neck: 38cm

belly: 79cm

hips: 86,5

thigh: 50cm

calves: 34cm

and there lies my "problem", I want to greatly expand my chest and also make my hips alongside with thighs and belly wider.

And now to the main program. I decided to follow Anthony King's template

http://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=5265

So right now I have started my 4days a week training. M-T-Th-Fr. I will follow it for 6weeks. Program for each day is as it follows.

1) warm-up routine of basic FSP exercises

3x30s straight arm plank (slightly hollow)

3x20s reverse plank

3x20s perfect hollow hold with hands over your head

3x20s arch hold in the superman flying position

3x20s Parallel Bar support.

3x20s chin up grip dead hang

2) Wirst mobility series from first half of this -

3) WOD - starting from the very first WOD posted by Coach Sommer in year 2008.

4) Post workout prehab

Monday - Ido's Basic Shoulder ROM and stabilization Routine
Tuesday - Ido's Squat Clinic Routine
Thursday - Slizzardman's Fix your shoulder pain! Part 1
Friday - Ido's Scapula Mobilization Routine

5) stretching (only on Monday and Thursday) - basicly AGT stretching routine with added some exercises I liked from my 4month trying of Chen Tai Chi Quan.

lex4158

Good luck man.

watterman

Monday training was great! I was amazed how two "little" exercises can cause so much good pain to my forearms.

I did BL tuck 7s - 3 inverted chin-ups - BL tuck 7s x5.

Today's training was allright aswell. Did tuck planche 7s, then trying Chest roll with no success. I can't kick my legs in the air from this position and hold them here. So I decided to do HSPU against wall. Did only one per set. This was big surprise. Normally I'm able to do 7HSPUs and now only 1, I guess it was because of these tuck planches, which have great effect on my wrists.

watterman

Today, I was training 4hours dance show for our prom.

But this forum and posting to my log keeped me motivated enough to do my part of my training for today. Since I did just a lower variations of each exercise, I still felt pretty worked out. Now I understand why in every book about success is written to share your progress with some kind of online group. :)

I'm looking forward to our prom which is yesterday and on saturday I'll be back in gymnastic world!