Hey guys, I currently do 30 mins of cardio about 2-3 times a week, each session I burn about 250-300 cals, I am wondering how hard I should be pushing myself during these cardio sessions in order to simply recover better and get some sweat going? What % of max heart rate? (BTW I'm 21 y.o.)
Ideal Cardio Heart Rate for Recovery?
Started by lex4158, February 25, 2011 · 1 Replies · 2,725 Views
lex4158 said:Hey guys, I currently do 30 mins of cardio about 2-3 times a week, each session I burn about 250-300 cals, I am wondering how hard I should be pushing myself during these cardio sessions in order to simply recover better and get some sweat going? What % of max heart rate? (BTW I'm 21 y.o.)
I'm not clear about your question.
Do you want to get better cardio to recover better from training rings?
Or do you want to know what range to work in to recover better from the cardio?
I don't know your workouts, if cardio is done on the same day as rings or different days.
But in general I would say that if you want cardio to have a training effect (given 2-3x week)
it should be in the 70-80% range MHR for 30 minutes. At least 20x3, 30x2. I'm not including warmup time
before you hit that zone.
As far as recovery goes, you will get better at recovering from the cardio. Start in the lower end of the zone
at first. You may drift towards the upper end near the end of your workout. On its own rngs do not appear to be
a very aerobic activity, however an aerobic base of conditioning may make rings
easier in the sense you eventually will be able to clear lactic acid faster.
Aside: if you are doing cardio as a warmup for rings, I would do it just until you break sweat. Normally 10-15 mins.
Not a ring master yet but that is how I do it for other activities.