I would like to use the recommended grip for the "Back Lever - tuck" (page 41 in the book "Building the Gymnastic Body").
I'd like to build up my neck and my grip before I do anything inverted because I'm worried about bad injuries (mainly what can happen from falling on my head) if I do that before my neck and grip are significantly stronger. However, I still want to do this exercise to build up my back and make it more possible to do leg front levers and planches.
Would it be possible to: grab the bars with my arms in front of me using an over-grip; rotate the arms (from the position just mentioned while still holding onto the rings) 180 degrees so that they're behind me, and; still have the recommended grip for the "Back Lever - tuck" as said in the book?
I tried that yesterday just to experiment. Sorry if my grammar's off or the wording is weird. Its a little hard for me to explain this without showing it, so I'm not sure if I worded this post right.