WOD+VerticalJumpTraining?

Started by Frank Altamore, February 21, 2011 · 5 Replies · 2,046 Views

Frank Altamore

How would i integrate my vertical jump training for basketball twice a week as well as performing the WODs? Should I skip the leg days that he prescribes since they do not come up the same days each time? The training i am looking to do requires 2 workouts a week with 2 days rest between, something like thursday/sunday, or tuesday/friday, what would be the best 2 days to do the workout?

Blairbob

Skip the leg wods as they are not your focus unless you want to follow GB WOD as prescribed.

I'm thinking I will be doing my lower body training on Tu and F, so I can recover with the off day easier since I want to tumble&vault on Monday/Thursday.

Frank Altamore

So the two days that I choose to do my jump training is basically optional but make sure I get enough rest in between? When a leg day does come up in the WOD and it is not a day that I am doing my vertical training, what should I do? Should I do some FSPs and FBEs?

Cole Dano

Are you doing the WODs four days a week, or two?

If four, just do your vertical jump work on those day and let your upper body recover.

Frank Altamore

I want to do the WOD all 4 days, but some weeks there is a leg day, if that is a day in which I am not doing my vertical training, what should I do?

Cole Dano

If you don't want to work your legs outside your VJ training then just do the FSP work and perhaps some extra flexibility work.

There is no need to do any more upper body work, the scheduling of the WODs take appropriate recovery time into account.