Hi everyone,
I am a 25 year old, with very little strength, decent body composition and i am about to start a routine based on the book. I have structured it like this, according to the book:
BASIC STRENGTH ROUTINE
Monday - Upper Body Press - Push Up Variation
- Upper Body Pull - Row Variation
- Core - V-Up Variation
Tuesday - Upper Body Press - Dip Variation
- Upper Body Pull - Pull-Up Variation
- Core - HLL Variation
Thursday - Upper Body Press - HSPU Variation
- Upper Body Pull - Curl Variation
- Core - Lower Back Variation
Friday - - Upper Body Press - MP Press
- Upper Body Pull - MP Pull
- Core - Oblique Variation
Saturday - Core - Straight Body Variation
In addition to all this, I will be doing Static Position holds 5-7x/week for the basic variation of the L-sit, straddle L, Manna, Back Lever, Front Lever, Planche. So it will be as according to the book, something like 10 sets of 6 seconds for each. Starting with the first/very basic variation.
I will also be doing basic core exercises like Bridge, side bridges and reverse crunches 3-4x a week.
What do you think guys? Is it too much? Have i got it correct? I do plan on adding leg workout soon.
Also, I have a question. How many reps do I do for the basic strength routine. in the book it said 3x3 or 3x5. for something like push ups, i can definitely do that. I can do at least 25 push ups (25-30 is my max). Ive always wanted to be able to do 50-100 push ups. But from this routine, it looks like since i can do 3x5 basic push ups, i should now progress to the harder variation and forget the basic version. am i correct in assuming this?
My goal is to gain as much strength as possible while minimizing the muscle gains. I don't want to gain weight and I dont want to look bulky at all. I know you will always gain some muscle mass, but minimizing it as much as possible is the goal!
Thanks for helping me out everyone, really appreciate it and very happy to be part of this community!