Adapting GVT to the WODs

Started by Joshua Beeston, February 21, 2011 · 3 Replies · 2,408 Views

Joshua Beeston

Just got my account although I've been following the BtGB program for a little over a year. I've been reading a little bit about German Volume Training and I was wondering if anybody had any examples of how to incorporate it into the WODs or if it was beneficial, or maybe with statics? Thanks for the help.

Joshua Naterman

It could be good as a short 4-6 week cycle for building up vascular density and connective tissue healing. I certainly don't think it's necessary, but if you're really torn up it can help a lot. It's also good if you don't have a very good muscular endurance base or haven't trained that for a while.

If you are running the WODs as close to the time schedule Coach posts as possible you should do quite well. Even if you did experiment with GVT I would recommend that you do 1-2 rounds of each WOD as you normally would so that you do not lose strength.

Blairbob

Look into Dreadrok's wlog in that forum. He recently did GVT with BW.

Joshua Beeston

Thank you for the responses. Slizzardman I had seen you were talking about doing GVT with support holds, I was just thinking maybe doing GVT once a week per static on different days and keep the same minute long aggregate hold every other day of the week... if that makes sense