Questions regarding my workout and WOD

Started by Dilraj Dhillon, February 18, 2011 · 4 Replies · 2,118 Views

Dilraj Dhillon

Workout schedule:

Monday-running (1 to 2 miles)

Tuesday-BtGB integrated training (pg. 178)

Wednesday-running (1to 2 miles)

Thursday-BtGB integrated training (pg. 178)

Friday-running (1 to 2 miles)

Saturday-BtGB integrated training (pg. 178)

Sunday-rest

Strength stats:

Advanced frog stand-10 sec 6 sets

L-sit-6 sec 10 sets (legs are just below horizontal)

Front lever tuck-10 sec 6 sets

Back lever tuck-10 sec 6 sets

Question:

1). Am I strong enough to do the WOD?

2). If I were to do the WOD (M,T,Th,F), what are possible ways to incorporate running (ex. running on M,T,Th,F same days as WOD, or on W,Sat,Sun on rest days)?

3). Would this be the correct order for a workout day?

3a). warmup/prehab

3b). FSP

3c). prehab

3d). WOD

Thank you

Gerald Mangona
1). Am I strong enough to do the WOD?

2). If I were to do the WOD (M,T,Th,F), what are possible ways to incorporate running (ex. running on M,T,Th,F same days as WOD, or on W,Sat,Sun on rest days)?

3). Would this be the correct order for a workout day?

3a). warmup/prehab

3b). FSP

3c). prehab

3d). WOD

(1) Everyone is strong enough to do the WOD. Not everyone is strong enough to do it as prescribed. You're stronger than I am (either that, or you have really, really short levers :) ), and I do the WOD. Three keys: a) I do them a week behind so that you can see how others have scaled them, b) each WOD has a "theme" which corresponds to a section in the book...if it's a "pull" day, then just scale back the exercises that are in the "pull" section of the book...if it's a handstand day prescribing HSPU on rings, maybe you do them on the floor, c) start slow, maybe one or two sets and then work up to the 3 or 4 as pXd. Can't do triple clap pushups from the floor? Do single clap pushups on an elevated platform. Watch your tendon and connective tissue soreness for overuse. Your tendons are probably weaker than your muscles, depending on your experience with low leverage bodyweight exercises.

(2) I do sprints and low mileage endurance running on the off days. Can't say about what others would think

(3) That's how I do them, though I always add wrist conditioning after the WOD because my wrist/forearm muscles are lagging.

I'm still new at this too, so someone chime in if they disagree.

Dilraj Dhillon

Thank you for your input detroit. I will switch up to WOD 4 days a week and do sprints and low mileage on the off days. As for the levers I only started training them recently because I am a moron.

Gerald Mangona

Ha. By levers I didn't mean FL,BL...I meant the levers created by the length of your arms. Two 6' gymnasts can weigh the same, but if one of them has longer arms and legs, it means it takes more strength to do the exercises. I have freakishly long monkey arms. Took me awhile before I could even do one pull-up. Same goes with leg length and L-Sits.

Dilraj Dhillon

Lol, I am 6'1" so I know what you mean by it being hard to do those sort of things. For the L-sits in the book it goes from a low L-sit directly to a full L-sit. I couldn't go directly into the full L-sit which is why I am training an L-sit just below horizontal right now, then in my next steady state cycle I will train the full L-sit.