Chin Hang FSP

Started by Gerald Mangona, February 12, 2011 · 1 Replies · 1,759 Views

Gerald Mangona

Question on the 60s chin hang.

Am I supposed to:

- emphasize the rotation on my arms so they are fully turned out?

- have arms be fully straight?

In other words, is this a straight arm exercise meant to condition the elbows? I ask because I've been doing them with a slight bend for the first 3 weeks, then last I've tried to do them fully straight. Guess what...I lack the bicep tendon strength to keep my elbow from hyperextension. Damn you straight arm work!!!

If it's an elbow conditioner, I'm gonna move the progression back to an assisted chin hang...

J

Archie Moses

I have been waiting for someone to answer this! I guess I can give it a shot.

From what I have read, I believe it is exactly that, an elbow and shoulder conditioning excercise, as it had been described as a pre-req to the german hang.