Hi guys
I know most people around here follow Coaches WODs pretty regularly. I've been searching these boards but have been unable to find if there has been any decent information discussed about combing weight training with gymnastics. I explained in a different thread that I have always lifted weights, more recently finally doing it right by focusing on big compound barbell exercises. But I also have recently become very interested in training gymnastics moves. Especially Ring Strength, handstands and planche type movements. I have read the book and only fooled around on the XR's for a few minutes. I have read around here that most people agree that weight training for the legs is superior to body weight but that gymnastics upper body training is superior or at least equal to weight training. My question is, is there a template out there that combines moves like Squat, Deadlift, Press, Weighted Chins, Dips etc, with various gymnastics moves. I'll admit I'm not worried about becoming an advanced level gymnast or being the biggest guy in the room. But I'd like to find a middle ground with skill development as well as strength on the bar and of course lean muscle. Any advice would be appreciated.