Embedding (the L-Sit)

Started by Gerald Mangona, February 8, 2011 · 2 Replies · 12,466 Views

Gerald Mangona

Question about embedding when they come up in the WODs. I'm still low on the progression scale. So for FL and BL, I just start in an inverted hang and rotate into the FL or BL. But with the L-Sit, what am I supposed to do? I can't muscle up into an L-Sit yet or anything like that. Do I just start in an XR support and lift to an L? Well, heck, that's how I usually get into an L-Sit.

Just curious.

Thanks, J

Philip Chubb

One of my favorites is to dip into the L-sit then partially press out of it. Try something like that.

Leandro

I don't think there's a right way if you are only working out. I usually get into a support position, either pbar or rings, and lift the legs to horizontal, or less. If you have paralletes, sit between them and lift yourself with the legs forward.