Doing the wods after a gymnastic train

Started by Leandro, February 3, 2011 · 6 Replies · 2,615 Views

Leandro

Hey! Soon I will return to the gymnastic recreative train at night (19h to 20h30min), I'm still recovering from a sprain.

Right now I'm doing the wods only. But When the usual train at the gym comes again, I'm wondering how to fit the wods in my day. I can do them at home, after the train at the gym, but I will have to re-warm up and do them, because it takes 30 min to reach home, and they close the gym after my class. It will also be late night. I can't get there soon enough to do the wods before the train also.

Or I can do them at home in the morning, but I'm really lazy at morning, my body seems heavier, slower, etc, until +-11hrs.

So, any of these two choices can work? I honestly prefer to do them at night after the train, but I'm worried that if it could be too exaustive, and having to warm up again, already tired, sucks. I can go any day to the gym, and wods are 4 days a week. I will have days that there's a wod and train and I don't know what to do...

If doind them at morning is best, I'm ashamed but I need tips on how to really "wake" my body to exercise soon in the morning...

Eddie Stelling

I am completely lost. What is the train??

Alvaro

Train es tren. He means training! :D the coach athletes perform the wods before the technical practice, but he has written somewhere( I can't recall the post) that you could perform the WODs after your tumbling or skill training , whatever suits you better.

Leandro

The main issue about doing them after the training, is that it takes 30 minutes to get home, they close the gym right after, I can't do it there. Wouldn't it be bad, probably I will cool down, will have to warm up again, and also I'm not a machine like coach's guys.

I think I will have to try and see If I'm capable of doing this.

Train/Training, sorry it's because portuguese has so many ways of flexing words that sometimes I get lost =P

Eddie Stelling

My apologies! I thought that was what you meant but wasn't sure if you were talking about something I didn't know about! You should try both ways for a few days each and go with what you prefer or is easiest to fit in. Wake up early with a cold shower and give it a shot for a couple of days! Then, the next two days do them after you get home at night. If you ever have the opportunity, get to the gym early and do the WOD before your training. How many days a week do you have your gymnastics training at the gym? Why aren't they training all aspects instead of tumbling only? You could work it into your regular training time??

Cole Dano

This is really a decision for you to make, sometimes we just have to bite the bullet one way or another.

Leandro
Eddie said:
My apologies! I thought that was what you meant but wasn't sure if you were talking about something I didn't know about! You should try both ways for a few days each and go with what you prefer or is easiest to fit in. Wake up early with a cold shower and give it a shot for a couple of days! Then, the next two days do them after you get home at night. If you ever have the opportunity, get to the gym early and do the WOD before your training. How many days a week do you have your gymnastics training at the gym? Why aren't they training all aspects instead of tumbling only? You could work it into your regular training time??

No problem!

The training usually is a heavy warm up, with running, jumping, mobility, stretches Lsits handstands. Then we do some floor series, rolls, cartwheels, handsprings, flips, etc. Then we go to rings or bar or Pbars, vault.

The problem is that the coach don't do a good strength program like BtGB. We just do some pushups and abs, somedays... It's recreative and I think he thinks it's not necessary for ppl like us. There's no free time when we're training, the coach don't like if we go around doing stuff there. There are some 15+ who will kill themselves if the coach doesn't put order in the house and he is kinda military lol. So if he let me do HSPU on Pbars the kids think they can start jumping from things.

I will try both to see what happens!