I am Confused as @#$! about a lot of stuff I've been reading around here lately. generally just a heap of stuff and pre-requisites that weren't specified in the book and which I Skipped. I need some advice about where to go from here. I've been doing the wod's and training planche, fl, back lever, and straddle L on ssc's. I've had awesome success with this, especially in my planche, which is now a 20 second tuck with perfect form.
Here's the gist of what I've read and conclusions I've come to:
I should be doing arch,hollow,plank,reverse plank, xr support holds and planche leans AS WELL as the other fsp's as a warmup.
I should stop doing Planche work until I achieve a 60 second floor L-sit.
I should work each prior progression as maintenance before beginning my working fsp sets.
My main question: Do I need to cease work in anything? do I NEED to stop my planche work in favour of achieving a 60 L-sit?
Is this what I should be doing:
FSP WARMUP:
60 second arch hold
60 second hollow hold
60 second plank
60 second reverse plank
60 secs planche lean
60 secs xr support hold
60 secs wall handstand (playing with transition to freestanding)
FSP SSC:
(one set of 60 secs pb low before beginning working sets) L-Sit - 6 sets of 10 seconds
(one 60 set of german hang before working sets)Back Lever - 2 sets of 30 seconds tuck (one day a week 10 sets of 6 seconds flat tuck)
(one 60 sec tuck before working sets) Front Lever- 6 sets of 10 seconds flat tuck
WOD
Stretch once a week and any additional work (mu stuff e.t.c)
Once I build up my L-sit to a 60 second max hold, I will re-introduce planche work. I Will also train one set of 60 frog stand each day for maintenance.
With some of the warm up exercises like the arch hold, I can definitely do the 60 secs, but by the end am working fairly hard. is this okay? or should it be less strenuous?
Thanks so much for your help. any my apologies to Blairbob and anyone else who offered me advice in my other posts, I'm a complete dummy, and need everything spelt out for me!
my deepest thanks to anyone who can offer help (hoping Ido and slizz chime in here)
Thomas.