Doubt about "a few minutes a day"

Started by Marcelo Lara, January 30, 2011 · 7 Replies · 7,105 Views

Marcelo Lara

When reading the book or the article "Building an Olympic Body", I can't figure about the sentence "only a few minutes a day". In my workout, including warm-up, stretching, workout at itself (with FSP and FBEs) and the cool-down, I use, almost, 1 hour. If I want to train several Floreio movements or handstands, it takes me 15-30 minutes more.

This worry me, because I could use my day and my time more efficiently. The sentence "a few minutes a day" is referred only for FSP?

Aaron Griffin

Are you expecting to get anywhere with ANY skill in life by practicing it only "a few" minutes per day?

Marcelo Lara
phrak said:
Are you expecting to get anywhere with ANY skill in life by practicing it only "a few" minutes per day?

No, and for this I'm practising for more than an hour a day. Somedays I practice twice a day.

My doubt is referred only for that sentence, and for what it's applied

Philip Chubb

It does still apply. Imagine doing one FSP each day. After a good few months, you would find yourself way stronger than before. Since we want a complete system, we obviously add in warm ups and movements. But for the business man on the go, I would imagine a few minutes a day could go very far.

Cole Dano

That's how i understood the few minutes statement Phillip.

Guest

Yes, isn't there an example in the book of someone training only PL and FL for a couple of minutes each day?

Philip Chubb

Exactly. If you read the book, there is a short essay on a person who trained two minutes a day and got huge benefits. Would he have gotten more with a full program? Of course. Is it still crazy to double some of your lifts with only two minutes a day? Of course!

Marcelo Lara
biomieg said:
Yes, isn't there an example in the book of someone training only PL and FL for a couple of minutes each day?

Yes, there is an example in the book and also the article "building an olympic body".

Thanks for the replies, I feel satisfied :)