Newb

Started by tkizzle05, January 27, 2011 · 2 Replies · 1,905 Views

tkizzle05

Hey to all, My names TIM LEE, and I need some serious help when it comes to this type of training. I believe this would give me the benefits I most desire. I weigh around 205 14% BF and I dont have great flexibility, but my overall strength is pretty good. Ive been on a full body routine as of late, MWF. Mondays are power training days, wednesdays are Strongman training days and fridays are light recover days. On TUsday and thursday, I do most of my Wing chun and TKD techniques. The problem is I cant perform decent enough to maintain perfect form due to my strength training days. When I found this I was ecstatic but overwhelmed... The book was great, I just dont know how to apply any of it, or when to... SO basically Im asking all of you guys for help... My maing goals are strength and endurance, Im not to worried about my looks, my body will look how its supposed to based off of the training I do. Can I do this everyday? if so in what order? Do I have to completely cutt out weight training, and when would it be most beneficial to do this type of training??? Thanks to all of you guys in advanced :D

Cole Dano

What are your priorities, you've got a number of things on your plate, you need to make your goals clear to yourself and us.

Are you are using strongman as a way to get strong, or is it something you aspire to compete in? Same for the others on your list...

As a down and dirty answer, you might consider cycling between the various strength programs, 6 weeks Power/Strong Man, 6 weeks GB. The GB program includes both power and strength elements.

tkizzle05

Thanks for the reply. I'm trying to figure out which workout routine will most help me in martial arts. I believe its the GB workout regime. The problem I have is figuring out how often do I need to do it, and when. I've stated that I am currently doing power training and strongman training. I do the power trianing for maximum explosiveness and strongman training for strength, not competition. Where do I put in the GB training????

I mean I read all the WODS and other beginner's posts and I'm still confused. I need something clear cut like:

Mondays: workout and number of sets

Tuesdays this or that

I dont understand anything else im reading, even the WODS I'm supposed to just jump right in and just do the excersises????