SSC FBE concurrently with WOD programming?

Started by Blairbob, January 25, 2011 · 0 Replies · 1,973 Views

Blairbob

I'm just about to start up the WOD again. Mainly I have been doing the FSP WU+FSP+ a ladder of pullups and dips besides a lot of mobility for about 7 weeks now after taking a 7 week break for "reasons".

I was going to test my max FSP and FBE tonight. Then I was going to decide whether to engage in doing a SSC of FSP+FBE (somewhat killroy70 style in planes of movement for push/pull, while alternating them as for core and legs).

Now do you think I should just allow the WOD to cover the FBE or try the SSC FBE and then scale down the FBE per WOD to allow a lower intensity movement done with the same volume?

(I had this posted in the graduate section but now I'm reposting in the getting started forum. I would really like some feedback soon as I want to get underway as soon as possible. First meet is in 3 weeks. However, considering training has been so hit and miss the past 7 months, I'm figuring it will be a pretty crappy season compared to last.

I tested my FBE last night. 10 ring pullups, 7 headstand pushups, 15 dips, 10 bulgarian rows, 15 ring pushups and 6 inverted pullups to waist. This was after my usual warmup and all the prerequisite FSP's omitting levers and planche but including L and straddle-L. I did not think I was going to nearly be near these numbers as I thought at most I could do 6 pullups, maybe 10 dips. I think ring pushups were skewed by dips and HeSPU though.

1m hollow hold at the end of the night. I might have tried to suffer it longer but it's doubtful I could have made it to 90s. Maybe 75s. My abs felt pretty crushed then after the ring pushups and the max FBE test.

L-sit work sets are now 30s but I think I could hit 45 or possibly 1m. I figured testing the FBE after most of the FSP warmup would warm them up (there were no warmup sets nor was there time) and it would make sure I wouldn't be hitting true maxes.

Currently worksets are 30s tuck levers and frogstand though I have not tried harder progressions with real times besides feeling the holds.