Parallel Bars

Started by Walt Peacock, July 8, 2008 · 2 Replies · 3,045 Views

Walt Peacock

Does anyone know where I can get some inexpensive parallel bars? I have some parallettes, but I cannot do swings or anything like that on them. I need them to be at least 5 feet tall. My budget is 300-500 dollars.

Blairbob

try to do a google and find gymnastic auctions from gymnastic gyms either selling old equipment or going out of business. Check ebay, or go city by city on craigslist. I've found a few mushrooms that way and other stuff. However shipping can become an issue.

If you had the means, you could fabricate some yourself. During HS in polevault, we used these metal ones and placed one of our pits to the sides to work stutz dismount and swinging. I don't remember us swinging to HS, however.

Walt Peacock

I bought two A-framed metal swing sets and have them staggered so that they are perfectly placed. They support my weight while swinging and doing other p bar skills. It cost me $230.00 total.