It's been 6 months. Had elbow flare-up and then some life stuff kept me away. I'm ready to get back at it, and I've learned about my body from the experience.
New theme: GO SLOW.
I've been keeping up on posts, and three things are going to be different for me this time around:
(1) WODs. I now see the value in doing them. I WILL need your help in scaling them, so I'd appreciate that. Plus, I'm really paranoid about overuse, so I'd like some feedback on volume to make sure I don't re-injure myself. A lot of culprits the last time around, but one I was really surprised about was handstand stuff. I was doing 10-minutes of handstands twice per week. Um, so my muscles were strong enough to DO the handstands, but that doesn't mean that they were ready for the volume. After a month of that, my triceps were in a perpetual state of soreness.
I'm gonna start with the first week of January.
(2) Straight Arm Work. So apparently there are a lot intermediate steps in between doing ring supports and then doing them with straight arms
Will need some help there.
(3) FSPs BtBG talks about FLs, BLs, Frogstands (which alongside the handstands and ring support holds, only added to tricep hell), and L-Sits. Wishful thinking. I'm going to the beginning with Slizzardman's 6 x 60s list.
=========================
So, here's my routine, would like your feedback
FSPs (MTThFr)
Plank. I can hold 2+ min. with good form. So I will go with a 60s hold time.
Reverse Plank. Same. 60s hold time.
Arch. Can barely hold for 1 min. Going to do 2 x 30s with little break in between.
Hollow Arch. Even with arms at waist, I'm 60s at best. Gonna do 2 x 30s with little break in between.
Chin Hang. Can hold for 70s max, but barely. Gonna do 2 x 30s with no rest.
XR Support Hold. No PBs. I can hold 55s. Gonna do 2 x 30s. Bent arm for now, until bicep tendon strength develops.
I'll re-evaluate the FSPs every month.
---------------
Pre-Hab (MTThF)
Elbow Straight Arm Hold. I hold a weight with my arm parallel to the ground, without going all the way into hyperextension. At hyperextension, it's really wrecks my tricep tendons, even at low weight. I can hold a 4lb weight for 60s. I will stay at this weight and re-evaluate when I re-check my FSPs.
SLS Bottoms
Sitting at the bottom of an SLS (not really sitting, because I'm pushing to stay just a bit off of my heels), I can hold for about 30s. So I will do 4 x 15s of these.
---------------
Daily Exercise
Scaled WODs (MTThFr)
Cardio (WedSat)
---------------
Stretching - Sunday.
===================================
How does that look? Do I scale the WODs so that I can barely do the last set? And some of these exercises gonna be tough to scale...I can't even do a negative muscle-up with feet supported at horizontal on a box.
But I'm ready to learn. Talk to me.
Thanks,
JM