My goal right now is strength and muscle hypertrophy and I am doing only very very basic body conditioning exercises as I am in the military.
These are my max reps for the exercises:
20 push ups
8 pull ups
14 parallel bars dips
8 chin ups
80 crunches
40 flutter kicks
All are done slowly and in proper form.
So I have devised 2 program and I am wondering which would be better for my goal.
The first program:
3x10 push ups
3x4 pull ups
3x7 dips
3x4 chin ups
3x40 crunches
3x20 flutter kicks
This program would be worked 5 days a week with weekends off and spread over 5 weeks with the addition of 1 set every week ultimately cumulating to 7 sets at the last week. 1 min rest between each set.
The second program:
10x3 push ups
10x3 pull ups
10x3 dips
10x3 chin ups
10x20 crunches
10x10 flutter kicks
This program would be worked 5 days a week with weekends off and spread over 5 weeks, remaining the same through out. 1 min rest between each set.
Thanks a lot. Any inputs would be much appreciated.