I was wondering if anyone could clear up an issue for me. I read somewhere on this here (can't remember where or who posted it, sorry) that the WOD's go through a monthly cycle targeting specific movements/qualities etc before repeating again. My question is what is the run down over the month? I'm just being lazy really as i could go through a months worth of WOD's and find out for myself although, I'm sure getting an answer from someone would be more insightful. Any responses much appreciated, thanks. Colonelstovis!
A question about programming
Started by Colonelstovis, January 19, 2011 · 4 Replies · 2,402 Views
This is detailed in the seminars.
Yes, you are being lazy...this is how I like to think slizzardman would start out so I went with it
. Also going through it on your own, even just trying to, will probably be more insightful to you anyway. Even if someone else more experienced could 'give you the answer,' you wouldn't have as much understanding as if you started from your own foundation. Only you can fully understand you.
That being said it is VERY useful to go through the WOD cycle, not only for the 'big picture' and overall programming ideas, but also knowing what workout variation is coming up is priceless, especially when you are adding in extra work and not sure what days to place it.
I really hope to get to a seminar one of these years...
This might be what you're looking for:
http://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=4271#p32774
As TANSTAAFL mentioned, your understanding of the WOD cycle will be far superior if you follow it yourself rather than just reading about it.
Thanks for the replies everyone, a broad range of answers all of which will be helpful. I'm sifting through the WOD's with a view to incorperate the upper body work into my current training template so more questions are inbound. Thanks again!