Strength training everyday, 7 days a week, is it ok?

Started by TrevorJ, January 19, 2011 · 5 Replies · 5,125 Views

TrevorJ

Are static holds like one-minute planche and front-lever progression holds, handstands, L-sits okay to do 7 days a week, everyday? I recover extremely fast and want to workout everyday if possible, I would do dips, pullups, and pushups, hanging leg lifts, etc. everyday if that was okay, but right now I am sticking to a Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri. schedule for strength conditioning b/c I read it in an article by Coach Sommer in which he said that he has seen the greatest gains on that schedule with maximum work and substantial rest. But I'm willing to put my body through hell for maximum gains, and the way I eat allows me to recover overnight.

Is it ok if I strength train everyday on rings and bars? Please fill me in I really want to take off with my training and progress as fast as I can. Are dips, pullups, pushups, hanging leg lifts, and static holds too much for 7 days a week, every single day? Like I said I recover rapidly, but i don't want to injure tendons or anything.

John Sapinoso

id say follow the WOD and train the statics everyday if you want but go slow and remember its sub maximal sets for statics

JL

Do watcha' gotta' do. By the way, are you from Bulgaria?

Philip Papandrea

Haha, I like that one JL. Everyone is different. If you can recover quickly then give it a go. If you keep making progress then you know it works for you. If not, throw in some more rest days. I know for sure I would be burnt out training everyday.

Blairbob

No. It isn't.

While your muscles may recover quickly, your connective tissues take longer to build up and recover. This is somewhat due to bloodflow to them.

On your off-days, you could do light FSP or FBE work but they should not be nearly as taxing as your workout days. Warmup, do some HS, do some basic FBE: pushups, pullups, situps/leglifts, squats, etc. Go for a run/walk/bike/swim. STRETCH.

Putting your body through maximal gains in a short period of time means it will just burn out and crash. Gymnastics is about patience, perseverance and the LONG ROAD AHEAD.

JL
PhilipP said:
Haha, I like that one JL. Everyone is different. If you can recover quickly then give it a go. If you keep making progress then you know it works for you. If not, throw in some more rest days. I know for sure I would be burnt out training everyday.

I heard they workout differently over there. The WOD over here is the WOH (Workout of the hour) over there.